Do you want to be part of a business that genuinely values entrepreneurialism, innovation and individual accountability? We focus on our customers and are proud of the difference our technology makes. We partner with some of the biggest manufacturing companies in the world and our technical innovations are used to enhance well-known brands across multiple industries.
Particle Measuring Systems (PMS) sets the standard for cleanroom contamination monitoring. With more than 60 patents, we create the technology that enables our customers to make fact-based decisions, improve process yields and comply with ever-changing regulatory requirements.
We are looking for an Electronic Service Technician II to address Particle Measuring Systems customer equipment maintenance and repair needs. The position is tasked with assuring customer satisfaction through timely and efficient maintenance and repair. The position focus is customer satisfaction and continual improvement in the quality of our products and services.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Calibrate, troubleshoot and repair electronic equipment.
- Stand-alone proficiency and ability to support multiple instrument families.
- Support customer calibration and maintenance of Particle Measuring Systems micro contamination monitoring equipment.
- Ensure correctness of service procedures and submit modification as necessary.
- Represent Service Department in intra-departmental development activities.
- Research and resolve customer problems and complaints.
- Some independent work at customer site.
- Other duties as assigned
The Nuts and BoltsLocation
- Associates Degree in Electronics, Optics or military equivalent (minimum)
- Ability to read schematics in English
- Knowledge of A/D and D/A converters, microprocessors, analog and digital circuits.
- Previous work experience as an electronics technician
- Knowledge of helium neon lasers, semiconductor lasers, and/or collecting and condensing optics helpful but not required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Some travel required.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Team player focused on customer satisfaction and quality, with a sense of urgency.
- This is an "in-office" position 100% of the time with Covid precautions being taken. The location of this position is in Boulder, CO2021 Benefits At-a-Glance
Our benefit package is provided through our parent company, Spectris.
- Health Advocate - This confidential service can help you; your spouse, dependent children, parents, and parents-in-law resolve health care and insurance-related issues, manage chronic conditions and improve your health and well-being.
- Dental - Delta Dental PPO; DeltaCare USA
- Vision - VSP Vision Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Onsite Wellness Clinic - Onsite physician for basic health and wellness consultations.
$24.95 - 38.30 per hour depending upon experienceHow we determine what we pay (compensation philosophy)
Particle Measuring Systems determines pay for positions using local, national, and industry-specific survey data, for the Boulder, Colorado area. We will evaluate external equity, which is the relative marketplace job worth of jobs directly comparable to jobs within our company.
For new hires, we to make competitive offers between the minimum and around the midpoint of the range. This allows the new employee room for future merit increases during review cycles. There may be times when we will offer above the midpoint. The decision to do so will be based on the applicant's level of experience, education, and specialized knowledge and skills. Additionally, we consider the external market rate, the amount we have budgeted internally, and the compensation rates of the employees within the company doing the same position.
Particle Measuring Systems is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer