Every day, ANDRITZ continues to deliver successful innovative solutions to our customers globally. Why are we so successful? Because we are passionate and love what we do! We are at the forefront of future engineering technologies, with solutions that ensure the success of our clients in key industries that are shaping the future of the world we live in.
Performs mechanical repair, process startup and customer training of Andritz supplied equipment located at customer facilities. Provides customer operational and mechanical technical assistance to existing installations. Train new company service technicians. Responsible for in house assembly and repair of new or second hand equipment and rebuilds of customer owned equipment when not performing field service activities.
Primary Responsibilities - Field Service
• Confer with responsible technical personnel on proper implementation of field service activities.
• Verification of proper installation of Andritz supplied equipment using safe lifting/rigging practices
• Manage, as well as, hands-on field service execution of repairs while ensuring a timely flow of information and coordination of work that includes creative thinking.
• Perform as required, mechanical service, installation checkout and process startup.
• Prepare daily and weekly field service reports along with supporting pictures/documents used for billing purposes. Also required for future reference in reviewing historical data specific to the equipment and jobsite conditions
• Assist and advise spare parts recommendations to customers relative to technical matters and critical on-hand parts.
• Assist in the promotion of spare parts and repair business.
• Current OSHA training and wears appropriate Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) as required for each specific jobsite
• Travel - required full time as scheduled
Secondary Responsibilities - Machine Builder
• Perform as required, in-house repair work or new equipment assembly
• Assist in the maintenance of all rental / pilot units.
• Assist as required with spare parts, equipment, and repair orders.
• Assist as needed in test trials (setting up, assisting in running the tests, and cleanup)
• Perform quality control procedures and inspection on subcontracted and vendor items.
• This position description is not intended to be all inclusive, and employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required.
This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
• Good mechanical aptitude.
• Mechanical and Process knowledge of different Andritz manufactured equipment.
• Experience at reading basic engineering drawings.
• Computer Skills: Microsoft (Windows, Word, Excel).
• Problem solving abilities
Specialized Job Skills:
• Must be able to use most hand tools and have well developed mechanical aptitude.
• Must have ability to use precision measuring instruments and the ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and blueprints.
• Basic experience in maintenance environment to include troubleshooting, defining failure and corrective action plans during machine down situations
• Conduct Handheld Vibration analysis - past experience a plus
• Electromechanical Technology degree or trade school a plus
• PLC programming experience and knowledge (ie. AB, Siemens S7, Modicon Concept, GE Cimplicity, IFix, Wonderware)
• The physical demands of this position require the ability to walk, sit or stand for long periods of time.
• Must be physically able to lift a minimum of 75 pounds, and have the dexterity to bend and stoop for long periods of time.
• Must be able to climb ladders and maintain balance on catwalks and platforms.
• Make visual inspections with precise hand and finger movements, with reasoning and problem solving ability.
• Maintain a professional and courteous manner during the performance of all duties with both internal employees and customers
• Promotes and furthers Andritz's goals through the development of good customer relationships and recognized professionalism while at site
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
Requisition ID: 7328
Nearest Major Market: Arlington Texas
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Posted about 3 hours ago
Yankton, South Dakota
Posted about 3 hours ago
Washington, District of Columbia
Posted about 1 hour ago