VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA - Texas
Are you looking for a job that makes a difference? Do you have a passion for helping others? We may be the right organization for you: VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA TEXAS.
For over 100 years VOA Texas, a faith-based and non-profit organization, has operated with a mission of "Helping America's Most Vulnerable Reach Their Full Potential" through various programs throughout Texas. Programs are locally created, managed and delivered to provide a wide array of human services through PAID positions. Come and be a part of the passion, the mission and the tradition!
Position: Service Coordinator I - Hourly
Location: Huebner Creek - San Antonio, TX
Rate of Pay: $15.75 hourly
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
The Service Coordinator is responsible for providing general social service coordination (including intake) and referral services to all residents needing such assistance.
- May provide informal, individual assessments (i.e., evaluation of health, psychological and social needs, development of an individually tailored case plan for services and periodic reassessment of the resident's situation and needs) for a resident when such service is not available through the general community.
- Establishes linkages with all agencies and service providers in the community; shops around to determine/develop the best 'deals' in service pricing, to assure individualized, flexible, and creative services for the involved resident(s).
- Sets up a directory of providers for use by both project staff and residents.
- Refers and links the residents of the project to service providers in the general community.
- These are, for example, case management, personal assistance, homemaker, meals-on-wheels, transportation, counseling, occasional visiting nurse, preventive health screening/wellness and legal advocacy.
- Educates residents on service availability, application procedures, client rights, etc., providing advocacy as appropriate.
- Monitors the ongoing provision of services from community agencies and keeps the case management and provider agency current with the progress of the individual. Manages the provision of supportive services where appropriate.
- Helps the residents build informal support networks with other residents, family and friends.
- May set up volunteer support programs with service organizations in the community.
- May provide training to project residents in the obligations of tenancy or coordinate such training.
- May educate other staff on the management team on issues related to aging in place and service coordination, to help them to better work with and assists the residents.
- Mandatory attendance annually at each Volunteers of America National Conference for required housing training.
- Promotes an organizational culture that fosters passion for the mission, cooperation, open and frequent communication, teamwork, and is in alignment with the organizational vision.
- Attends all required meetings and training.
- Requires regular attendance and punctuality during the scheduled shift to perform the above essential functions.
- Performs other duties and special assignments as directed.
High school diploma or equivalency required.
Valid Texas Drivers' License. Volunteers of America Texas offers a rich benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, LTD, STD, Life Insurance, Vacation and Sick time, other optional benefits and a retirement plan. Make a living by making a difference. Apply online today! AA/EEO/M/F/D/V
Get job alerts by email. Sign up now!
Join Our Talent Network! Job SnapshotEmployee Type
San Antonio, TX Job Type
Customer Service Experience
Not Specified Date Posted
04/23/2022 Job ID
This job has expired.