SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognised as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
SGS is seeking a Service Center Manager for the Exton, PA Service Center. The Service Center Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of the service center facility. This role is expected to maintain the storefront to receive client samples, manage sample reception duties, bottle kit preparation, and shipping and receiving.The Services Center Manager provides courier services of pickups and deliveries to/from client sites. The Service Center Manager expected to be knowledgeable of SGS service offerings to deliver expert customer service to maintain customer relationships that generate business opportunities. The Service Center Manager works independently in a fast-paced environment. This role is responsible for following all health and safety procedures that promote a safe working environment throughout the facility.
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of the service center, including the maintenance and upkeep of the facility
- Supervises service center staff, if applicable
- Receives incoming client samples and arranges sample delivery to the appropriate lab(s) within specified time frames
- Liaises with the laboratory and clients to assist with any questions related to sample status, bottle-ware questions, etc.
- Prepares sample kits for clients and laboratory in accordance with testing requirements
- Fulfills bottle orders upon customer requests for pick-up and delivery
- Provides courier service to clients by coordinating sample pick up and deliveries
- Maintains contact lists and follows up with customers to identify additional business opportunities
- Manages all shipping and supply needs; creates labels and prepares outgoing shipments
- Maintains safe and clean service center in accordance with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Maintains company vehicle in good order and in a clean condition
- Maintains a safe and satisfactory driving record
- Adheres to internal standards, policies, and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
This job has expired.
- Associate Degree in a Science related field - required
- 2 - 3 years' experience in a client service-related role - required
- Valid driver's license- required
- Bachelor's degree in a science related field - preferred
- Ability to understand basic principles of analytical testing - preferred