Collaboration drives Nordson's success as a market leader in Industrial Precision Solutions and Advanced Technology. Our employees thrive in an environment where we help each other reach our personal best and enable our company to continuously improve and grow, and our customers to succeed. You will find Nordson employees sharing our success by giving back in the communities around the world where we live and work.
The Senior Tax Analyst, Compliance & Planning will be responsible for all aspects of U.S. federal, state and local income tax compliance and will support the timely and accurate completion of the Company's domestic income tax provision. The Senior Tax Analyst, Compliance & Planning will also support tax planning and special projects and will report to the Senior Manager, Global Planning & Compliance. This position will collaborate with various departments throughout the Company to ensure timely and accurate tax filings, well executed and documented tax planning strategies and proper accounting for income taxes.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Education and Experience Requirements
- Prepare and/or review and the U.S. Federal Consolidated 1120, all state and local income tax returns, extensions, estimated tax payments and supporting workpapers
- Assist with accounting for quarterly and annual domestic income taxes under ASC 740 including financial statement disclosures, tax analyses and audit documentation
- Identify and document book-to-tax differences, reconcile tax filings to tax provisions and support deferred tax balances
- Prepare tax account reconciliations
- Ensure SOX compliance through documentation and timely performance of controls
- Prepare Foreign Bank Account Reporting
- Process monthly 1042 deposits and prepare annual filings
- Develop and maintain knowledge of applicable U.S. federal, state, and local income tax laws
- Monitor legislative developments for changes that will affect the Company
- Support the evolution of the tax reporting function, tax technology tools and technological enhancements and assist with implementing process improvements
- Research technical tax matters and prepare memoranda to document conclusions
- Assist with execution of tax planning strategies and specific tax related projects
- Assist with tax audits and respond to tax authorities notices and information requests
- Monitor and ensure that all filing deadlines are met in the tax compliance calendar
- Document tax processes and assist with identifying process improvements and streamlining existing procedures
- Support other team members as required to meet the goals and objectives of tax department
- Work and collaborate in a cross-functional team environment
- Will have the opportunity to gain exposure to U.S. International tax concepts and compliance
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited institution is required
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- 4+ years of federal and state tax experience in a Big 4 firm or a large, publicly-traded corporation
- Solid understanding of ASC 740 and relevant financial reporting requirements
- Advanced skills in MS Excel and proficiency in MS Word and PowerPoint
- Hands-on experience with tax accounting systems such as Corptax or OneSource
- Experience using financial accounting systems including SAP and OneStream
- Strong analytical skills, detail-oriented and well organized
- Must demonstrate a willingness to learn and can learn and apply new concepts quickly
- Proven ability to work independently to complete tasks and meet deadlines
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels of personnel, across functions, organizations and with external contacts
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
- CPA and/or Master of Taxation a plus but not required
- Manufacturing industry experience preferred
Office environment. Minimal travel required, usually locally, but could also include international, to assist with execution of board meetings and events. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Travel Required
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.