We're looking for problem solvers, innovators, and dreamers who are searching for anything but business as usual. Like us, you're a high performer who's an expert at your craft, constantly challenging the status quo. You value inclusivity and want to join a culture that empowers you to show up as your authentic self. You know that success hinges on commitment, that our differences make us stronger, and that the finish line is always sweeter when the whole team crosses together.
Position: Senior Solutions Architect
Revolutionizing business through data science and analytics, Alteryx offers an end-to-end analytics platform which empowers data analysts and scientists alike to break data barriers, deliver insights, and experience the thrill of getting to the answer faster. Organizations all over the world rely on Alteryx daily to deliver actionable insights. Join our team of passionate and hard-working associates and help make a difference in people's lives by creating software that enables business users to solve problems using data that were previously thought to be unsolvable, save them days, weeks and months of mundane data prep and blending, and help them truly love their jobs again.
Alteryx Solutions Architects drive value throughout Alteryx and our customers' organizations by providing expert engagements. This includes supporting Pre-Sales teams on complex sales opportunities, deep technical training to upskill associates on Alteryx technologies, and providing thought leadership through proven best practices and reference architectures.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support and architect enterprise-scale solutions utilizing emerging platforms and technologies.
- Design and implement the optimal present and future-state data-blending and analytical architectures for customer scenarios, including server sizing support, strategies for achieving high availability, resiliency, and disaster recovery
- Provide recommended best practices on architecture, deployment, and tech stack integration.
- Engage with IT leaders to ease concerns about security and governance.
- Evaluate and drive new and key technologies and methodologies including, but not limited to: Machine Learning, Distributed Computing, Cloud Computing, Containers, DevOps.
- Remain up-to-date on the latest Alteryx solutions and products and maintain familiarity and adherence to all company methods and procedures.
- Leverages knowledge of a domain, industry, or Alteryx Solutions to increase Alteryx's credibility primarily in sales situations.
- Delivers standard, customized and/or strategic, senior level solution demonstrations and presentations outlining the functional capabilities, competitive advantages, and business benefits of the Alteryx solutions as they apply to client needs.
- Assists in the response to RFI/RFP's with compelling answers to resolve IT concerns.
- Participates in product and solution training to acquire and maintain a detailed level of product knowledge of core components of Alteryx offerings and assigned solution areas, how each solution addresses business challenges, competitive information to identify how our solution stands apart, and what challenges/limitations may be encountered.
- Communicate via phone, email, face-to-face and web meetings with customers assisting and guiding them through the technical aspects of Alteryx in pre and post sales conversations.
- Engage customers to extract critical technical and business drivers that may position company deliverables.
- Be responsive to customer demands and mitigate objections or product deficiencies.
- Build deep technical enablement materials for the pre-sales and post-sales teams to understand the latest features, how they work, their value, and customer integration.
- Knowledgeable of AWS, Azure, and GCP cloud services, how customers leverage them, and how Alteryx integrates.
- Knowledgeable of machine learning techniques and environments, including industry leaders such as Python, R, and Spark.
- Knowledgeable of emerging technology architectures built on containers and microservices, and orchestrated by Kubernetes.
- Design reference architectures of proven solutions and educate sales teams on their implementation.
- Develop best practices for building out scalable Alteryx solutions to benefit customers of any size.
- Works proactively with Systems Engineers, Technical Architects and other Solutions Architects to strategize on opportunities, cross-training and knowledge transfer.
- Travel requirements up to 30%
- College degree, 8+ years of experience working with data & analytic technologies, 3+ years of experience in a Pre-Sales or similar customer facing role.
- Significant discipline and certification in 2 or more of the following:
- hardware, networking, cloud, database, data storage, Hadoop, application development, SDLC, analytics software, data management software, visualization software, Python, R, SAS
- Demonstrated thought leader in a single domain or industry (publishes articles, leads demand generation activities, and speaks in the business track at conferences/events)
- Must be proficient in software architecture, data & analytic technologies, virtualization, and cloud resources.
- Ability to have deep conversations with the customer Enterprise Architect to define solutions in their enterprise.
- Superior problem solving, organizational, decision-making written, oral, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proven experience supporting the sale of Business Intelligence tools, solutions, and applications.
- Understanding of different databases, Hadoop, and network security protocols.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis, data structures, model training, scoring.
- Troubleshooting techniques for parsing and dissecting log files.
- Experience with software and hardware installation and configuration.
- Strong communication with users, sponsors and stakeholders to determine evolving needs.
- Exceptional ability to listen, assess and document information from client.
- Ability to handle a fast paced environment and continuously re-prioritize while maintaining a constant focus on participating in the sales process.
- Dev Ops / Hardware expertise
- Strong knowledge of Windows Server and Linux
- Virtualization & Cloud knowledge - VMware, AWS, Azure, Google
- Experience with traditional RDBMS databases, NoSQL databases, and Hadoop
- Experience with Java, C++, Python, R, and other procedural languages.
- System Security, including Networking, TLS, LDAP, Active Directory
Alteryx, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Unsolicited third party/agency profiles and resumes will not be considered. Please do not inquire.
Find yourself checking a lot of these boxes but doubting whether you should apply? At Alteryx, we support a growth mindset for our associates through all stages of their careers. If you meet some of the requirements and you share our values, we encourage you to apply. As part of our ongoing commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, we're invested in building teams with a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, and experiences.Benefits & Perks:
Alteryx has amazing benefits for all Associates which can be viewed here.