Sr Software Engineer - The Toro Company
Who Are We?
The Toro Company is a homegrown, Minnesota-based company that has been in business since 1914. We pride ourselves on providing world class equipment to help maintain the environment that we love, while putting an emphasis on giving back to the communities that surround us. From residential lawns and gardens, to venues such as St. Andrews Links and Target Field, we are a company with a global footprint and a passion for helping people beautify whatever landscape they may be in. With 100 years of operation under our belt and an average employee tenure of 15 years,come find out what makes The Toro Company the best place in the Twin Cities to build a career.
The Sr Software Engineer designs, modifies, develops, writes and implements software programming applications. Participates in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software.
What Will You Do?
In order to grow and build a successful career with The Toro Company, you will be responsible for:
What Do You Need?
- Create software designs that satisfy the product requirements as outlined in the product specification and resolves design problems. Write code in language including "C","C++" and web based languages such as HTML, XML, and Java.
- On applications that interface with end users, works with users, marketing, consultants and other technologists to establish the user interface requirements to assure ease of use and friendliness of the application.
- On embedded control applications, work closely with product engineering and marketing team to hardware interactions to enable using control to optimize the performance of the product.
- Use modern software engineering techniques to develop modular structured or object oriented software that meets the product requirements. Document and comment code so that it is easily understood and maintained by others. Apply any coding standard followed by the design team.
- Full job description will be provided to final candidate at point of offer.
To be considered for this role, an individual should meet the following minimal requirements:
What Can We Give You?
- B.S. or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Computer Systems, Software, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering.
- Plus a minimum of four years applicable work experience. Skilled as an experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and proven ability to plan and execute all technical engineering activity for complete product development.
- Ability to transfer software design development skills and knowledge from past experience to new situations.
At The Toro Company, we are always working to make sure our employees know just how valued they are. In addition to a competitive salary, an affordable and top tier medical/dental/vision plan, 401k, and many other great benefits -The Toro company offers employees at our Bloomington, MN HQlocation a variety of perks, including:Dress for your day
- We know you're more productive when you're comfortable, which is why TTC employees are encouraged to take advantage of our casual, corporate environment.Location
- Conveniently located near both St. Paul and Minneapolis, we are centrally located for most commuters!Food
- Take advantage of our onsite café, which serves both breakfast and lunch. With a Caribou Coffee attached, you can grab a snack and a coffee at any time during your day.Wellness
- The Toro Company's HQ offers complimentary use of our onsite fitness facility to employees. In addition to physical wellbeing, TTC offers a variety of mental health and financial health resources to all employees.Volunteerism
- The Toro Company is proud to provide employees 20 hours of paid time to volunteer in the community.Flexible Work Arrangements
- This team is currently implementing a hybrid work schedule. The opportunity to collaborate in the office and work from home part-time, has promoted team-building and flexibility. #LI-HybridCompetitive Salary
- The pay range takes into account skills, experience, education, and location. It is not common to be hired at or near the top of the range; compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. Cash compensation is one piece of our competitive total rewards package.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
and others will be required.