Nexis Solutions, a division of LexisNexis, is looking for a senior software engineer in helping us transform the way we build and deliver software. We are the leading global provider of news and business information, constantly innovating to help our customers succeed by combining information and analytics to increase productivity, improved decision making and outcomes. This role will provide mentorship for other software engineers in the development of next-generation research tools. We are looking for someone who has technical savvy, strong communication skills.
The Senior Software Engineer role is a hands-on front-end developer, specifically with strong Angular experience. This role will become a subject matter expert for Nexis Solutions front-end technologies. In addition to writing code on complex systems and applications, this position actively participates in design reviews, mentoring, planning and methodologies.
• 5+ years of Software Development experience
• BS Computer Science or equivalent experience required
- Proficient working with SQL and NoSQL databases, Linux, Windows and cloud technologies
- Strong experience in creating and enhancing CI/CD pipelines
- Expertise and experience in the development of micro-services, database technology, design and manipulation, optimization, and best practices.
- Advanced knowledge of software development methodologies (e.g., Agile, Kanban, etc.)
- Broad experience in effective techniques of design and code reviews
- Proven knowledge and experience in project planning and resource management
- Proven ability to lead test-driven development and maintenance
- Knowledge of enterprise system design and architecture
- Experience and ability to design and work within complex data models
- Strong skills in setting, communicating, implementing, and achieving business objectives
- Strong project planning, time management, and change management skills across multiple functional groups and departments
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills applicable to a wide audience including senior and executive management, customers, etc.
- Strong problem-solving experience involving leading teams in identifying, researching, and coordinating the resources necessary to effectively troubleshoot/diagnose complex project issues
- Interface with other personnel or team members to finalize requirements.
- Write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of system components of moderate complexity.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex bug issues
- Work closely with other development team members to understand moderately complex product requirements and translate them into software designs.
- Successfully implement development processes, coding best practices, and code reviews.
- Operate in various development environments (Agile, Kanban, etc.) while collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Resolve complex technical issues as necessary.
- Mentor and/or train entry-level software engineers ensuring they are knowledgeable in critical aspects of their roles.
- Influential leader for staff, helping the team exceed performance goals consistently
- Participate and encourage new ideas to foster improvements through innovations
LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.