At Optiv, we're on a mission to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We're one of the fastest-growing companies in a truly essential industry. Join us.
Who we are looking for:
The Senior SIEM Engineer will be dedicated to developing, deploying, and maintaining Optiv standard Security Content, as well as maintaining Splunk Enterprise Security environments, in support of Optiv MSS clients.
The Senior SIEM Engineer works within the Optiv Security's 24x7x365 Security Operations Center as a member of the Managed Security Services (MSS) team. This individual will be responsible for the creation of procedures, implementation of processes and development of staff for managing and maintaining security systems across internal and client environments. The SIEM Engineer will work closely with Management, Solution Architects, Senior Security Engineers from other internal teams and clients to complete high profile, critical services to existing Managed Security Service clients. They will also serve as a primary responder for Managed Security customer systems, taking ownership of client configuration issues, and tracking through resolution.
How you'll make an impact:
Qualifications for success:
- Help lead the Splunk team by prioritizing clients work requests, projects and service tasks.
- Work closely with Management, Service Delivery and Principal Engineers in defining processes and procedures for internal projects.
- Analyzes and identifies areas of improvement with existing processes, procedures and documentation.
- Assist in team development by defining strategies and responsibilities to be successful and grow.
- Develop internal training methods to support Managed Services and their clients.
- Act as a point of escalation for Junior SIEM Engineers, as well as provide them with guidance and mentorship.
- Assist with client activation and onboarding.
- Explain and demonstrate how to use SIEM products to both technical and relatively non-technical personnel.
- Provide remote consulting services via interactive client sessions to assist with implementation of multiple product vendors and technologies.
- Implement and configure SIEM software and appliance-based products in Enterprise and Government environments.
- Develop, deploy, and tune SIEM content and reporting.
- Interacting appropriately and professionally with both customers and partners, when required.
- Perform knowledge transfers and train clients regarding security and system configuration
- The Senior SIEM Engineer will have no direct reports.
With Optiv you can expect:
- 5+ years of professional experience managing and maintaining SIEM systems.
- 3 years of Splunk experience
- 2-3 years of professional experience working with networks and network architecture.
- Ability to deal confidently with complex technical problems
- Expert-level knowledge of Splunk Enterprise Security
- Experience with building intricate searches from disparate data sources and joining them together
- Extensive experience using the Enterprise Security Asset & Identity and Threat Intelligence Framework within Splunk Enterprise Security
- Proficient with managing Unix and Linux operating systems
- Strong Experience with writing complex regular expression (Regex) to extract fields for data that is structured and unstructured
- Experience with extracting fields, multi-value fields, tags, field aliases, etc.
- Well-versed in building threat detections (correlation rules) using security logs to detect malicious activity with high fidelity
- In-depth knowledge of security logging for Linux, Windows, major EDRs, Firewalls, & Active Directory
- Experience with installing and configuring Splunk CORE and Splunk Enterprise Security
- The ability to aggregate and analyze logs from various deployed security devices.
- Experience with configuring and/or working with Splunk Search Head and/or Indexer Clusters.
- Experience with creating custom applications, dashboards, reports, and alerts (not including the default ones that come with Splunk).
- Shift flexibility, including the ability to provide on-call support when needed
- Experience working with Internal and client Ticketing and Knowledge Base Systems for Incident and problem tracking as well as procedures. (i.e. Jira, Confluence, etc.).
- General security knowledge (GIAC, CISSP, CCSE, CISA, HBSS, NSA, CEH, CCNA Security, Security+, or other security certifications).
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows Operating Systems.
- An understanding of a wide array of server-grade applications such as: DBMS, Exchange, DNS, SMTP, IIS, Apache, SharePoint, Active Directory, Identity Management, Patch Management, LDAP, SQL, and others.
- Familiarity with DevOps
- Prior consulting experience
• A company committed to championing Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion through Affinity groups including but not limited to, Women's Network, Optiv Pride, Black Employee Network, and Veterans Support Network.
• Work/life balance. We offer "Recharge" a flexible, time-off program that encourages eligible employees to take the time they need to recharge
• Professional training resources, including tuition reimbursement
• Creative problem-solving and the ability to tackle unique, complex projects
• Volunteer Opportunities. "Optiv Chips In" encourages employees to volunteer and engage with their teams and communities.
• The ability and technology necessary to productively work remote/from home (where applicable)
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success, and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! As a market-leading provider of cyber security solutions, Optiv has the most comprehensive ecosystem of security products and partners to deliver unparalleled services. Our rich and successful history with our clients is based on trust, serving more than 12,000 clients of varying sizes and industries, including commercial, government, and education. We have the proven expertise to plan, build, and run successful security programs across Risk Management, Cyber Digital Transformation, Threat Management, Security Operations - Managed Services, and Identity and Data Management.
Optiv is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
This job has expired.