Senior Scientist - T-Cell Receptor (TCR) Gene Therapy, T-cell Generation
Location: Gaithersburg, US
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies. A place built on courage, curiosity and collaboration - we make bold decisions driven by patient outcomes. Empowered to lead at every level, free to ask questions and take smart risks that write the next chapter for our pipeline and Oncology team. Make a meaningful impact that brings real benefits to society. By applying your knowledge of data, you will help to redefine our industry and ultimately save lives. Work with experts who share a common goal: to accelerate the potential of medicines and the science of tomorrow.
We are currently seeking a Senior Scientist that is passionate and highly motivated to eradicate cancer using T-cell Receptor (TCR) gene therapy approaches. As a Senior Scientist, you will join a multifaceted and collaborative team in our pioneering facility in Gaithersburg and work with cutting edge technology within the T-Cell Receptor (TCR) Therapy program to make a difference! If you are inspired by the possibilities, we want to hear from you!
Key responsibilities of this role include:
Essential for the role
- Developing strategies to program and imprint T-cells with optimal anti-tumor characteristics
- Evaluating novel and safe gene engineering approaches to enhance T-cell activity
- Close interfacing with the clinical cell manufacture team
- Generating and transferring protocols to the clinical cell manufacture team
- Leading a small team of researchers and projects
- Critically analyzing and interpreting data
- Performing and contributing to study reports and presentations
Desirable for the role
- PhD or MD degree with at least 7 years of experience in immunology
- Track record of developing innovative cell culture strategies
- Extensive experience in culturing and expanding human T cells using a variety of methods
- Expertise in genetically modifying T cells
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Highly developed problem-solving skills
- Ability to motivate and lead a small team
- Ability to drive projects to completion
About Our Gaithersburg Oncology Hub
- Experience in human adoptive cell therapy trials
- Experience in manufacturing cells under GMP
- Expertise in a wide range of gene engineering platforms
- Experience in preclinical mouse models of adoptive cell therapy
- Expertise in cytokine biology
- Experience of cell therapy development in a biotech/pharma setting
Our Gaithersburg, Maryland facility creates life-changing medicines for people around the world. This campus employs more than 3,500 experts in our field and is only a short drive from Washington, DC. This modern and vibrant scientific campus is the home of R&D and Oncology in the US. Here, we play host to some of the most cutting-edge technology and lab spaces, all designed to inspire collaboration and cross-functional science. We are dedicated to creating a culture of inclusion and collaboration.
The Gaithersburg site offers a variety of amenities to help keep our employees happy and healthy. This includes a fitness center, employee healthcare clinic, electric vehicle charging stations, dry cleaning, full-service cafeteria and copy center, game rooms, community garden and more. This is where you'll find newly-designed, activity-based work spaces to suit a variety of working styles while increasing collaboration between teams.So, what's next-
Are you already envisioning yourself joining our team? Good! We can't wait to hear from you!
If you're curious to know more, please contact Bobbi Poole, our Talent Acquisition Partner.Closing Date: February 17, 2023Competitive remuneration and benefits apply
We offer a competitive Total Reward program including a market driven base salary, bonus and long term incentive. We have a generous paid time off program and a comprehensive benefits package.Where can I find out more?Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn
https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We follow all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.
This job has expired.