Job Title: Senior Research Scientist
Lab: Facundo Batista
Employing Hospital and Department:
Ragon Institute of MGH, MIT, and Harvard
Direct reporting to the PI. Independently develops and leads projects related to B cell biology and preclinical vaccinology.
- Conceives of novel independent scientific projects related to B cell biology and/or humoral responses to immunogens for malaria, HIV, influenza, SARS-CoV-2 and other infectious diseases.
- Collaborates both within and without the lab and mentors junior researchers.
- Appropriately records and preserves research data.
- Attends and presents at relevant professional meetings.
- Contributes to the drafting and publication of research articles.
Oversight of technicians, technologists, or students and mentoring thereof.Qualifications Competencies Required
Education and Minimum Work Experience:
- Expertise in immunology.
- Ability to write competitive grants.
- Strong mentoring skills.
- Responsible for technical and scientific innovation in the fields of preclinical vaccinology and murine model development.
- Responsible for preparing manuscripts and driving scientific discourse with colleagues and the public.
- Ability to oversee research projects.
Ph.D.; 5+ years of immunological research experience.EEO Statement
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.
This job has expired.