Do you want to be part of an inclusive team that works to develop innovative therapies for patients? Every day, we are driven to develop and deliver innovative and effective new medicines to patients and physicians. If you want to be part of this exciting work, you belong at Astellas!
Astellas Pharma Inc. is a pharmaceutical company conducting business in more than 70 countries around the world. We are committed to turning innovative science into medical solutions that bring value and hope to patients and their families. Keeping our focus on addressing unmet medical needs and conducting our business with ethics and integrity enables us to improve the health of people throughout the world. For more information on Astellas, please visit our website at www.astellas.com.
Xyphos Biosciences, an affiliate of Astellas Pharma Inc. is developing a novel adoptive cell therapy technology platform and building a pipeline of innovative products.
We are a rapidly growing team of research and scientific professionals, passionate about turning science and innovation into medical solutions through our cell therapy technology platform. Through our diversity, scientific knowledge, professional rigor and focus on innovation, we are merging our technology with the Astellas drug development expertise to unlock cures to many therapies. Join our team of committed, enthusiastic professionals devoted to making the most effective, life-saving cell therapy products in the world.
Astellas is announcing a Sr Research Associate, Tumor Immuno-Biology opportunity at their Xyphos site in South San Francisco, CA.
Xyphos Biosciences (South San Francisco, CA), an Astellas company is seeking a Senior Scientist to join our Tumor Immuno-Biology group. The scientific focus of this role is improving the permissiveness of solid tumors to immune effector cells. The role of this position will be to support programs through different stages of development pipeline focused on improving immune cell activity in solid tumor microenvironment. The successful candidate will focus on addressing the questions of metabolic fitness of effector cells, T- and NK cells homing to tumor site, challenges of immunosuppressive components in the TME, tumor heterogeneity and physical barrier. The position requires experience in solid tumor biology, immunology and cell biology. The successful candidate is expected to participate in external collaborations and internal projects to aiming for successfully application of cell therapy in solid tumors
Essential Job Responsibilities:
* Knowledge of adaptive and innate immunity, including the roles of various immune cells and cytokines in immune regulation and cancer immunology
* Hands on support of assay development to drive preclinical drug discovery
* Establish key in vitro and ex vivo immuno-oncology assays and models, suitable for therapeutic evaluation and mechanistic investigation of TME targeting modalities
* Engage with CROs to support research and discovery needs
* Effectively communicate with team members to efficiently conduct experiments, articulate experimental details and results with other members of the Xyphos/Astellas research organization
* BS degree with 5+ years or MS with 2+ years of laboratory experience
* Familiarity with cell therapy and/or immuno-oncology research
* Experience in in vivo mouse model set up (immunodeficient and immunocompetent),
* Strong foundation in flow cytometry with ability to design and implement multi color flow assays
* Familiarity in ex vivo tumor model set up
* Experience in vitro and/or ex-vivo assessment of lymphocyte effector function including tumor cell killing and cytokine production.
* Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills are essential with collegiality being a defining attribute
* Strong work ethic with a dedicated mindset of proactively identifying and productively filling gaps
* Ability to maintain highly detailed, accurate, and timely records of experimental designs, results, and data analysis
* Technical expertise with immune cell-based functional assays (e.g. activation, differentiation, proliferation, and suppression assays by using T-cells, monocyte/ macrophages, or dendritic cells)
* Handling of the small animals, therapeutic administration via intravenous (IV), intraperitoneal (IP), and oral (PO, gavage) routes
* Prior experience with complex tumor immune cell co-culture and/or 3D models and the integration of such systems into lead characterization/differentiation is highly desirable
* Experience managing CROs
* Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
* Generous Paid Time Off options, including Vacation and Sick time, plus national holidays including year-end shut down
* 401(k) match and annual company contribution
* Company paid life insurance
* Annual Corporate Bonus and Quarterly Sales Incentive for eligible positions
* Long Term Incentive Plan for eligible positions
* Referral bonus program
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!
Amityville, New York
Posted about 1 hour ago
Amityville, New York
Posted about 1 hour ago
Bedminster, New Jersey
Posted 16 minutes ago