Moderna is seeking a highly skilled, talented and motivated in vitro analyst for a position based at their Norwood, MA site. The individual will participate in the development and performance of cellular and biochemical potency bioassays to support advancement of Moderna's mRNA clinical development candidates.
Here's What You'll Do:
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- Cell culture including media preparation, maintenance of multiple cell lines, and preparation of assay plates with cultured cells to support bioassays.
- Development and performance of in vitro potency bioassays using cultured or primary mammalian cells to support product development
- Development and performance of in vitro cell-free translation assays to support mRNA product development
- Qualification of cell-based bioassays
- Transfer of potency assays to QC laboratories for GMP qualification and validation, for release and stability testing under GMP
- General laboratory assistance including lab equipment maintenance, preparation of reagents, and the ordering and receiving of lab supplies
- Closely collaborate with members of the Analytical Development, Technical Development, and Quality Control teams, and broadly interact with R&D departments throughout the company
- Accountable for experiment design, successful execution, and results delivery
- Record and communicate findings
- Presentation of results at internal meetings
- BS with 2-5 years of experience, or MS with >1 year of experience (Cell Biology, Immunology, or related science), developing and performing cellular and/or immunological assays
- Hands-on experience with mammalian cell culture and utilization for cell-based assays to examine the activity of protein targets and/or signaling pathways
- Experience with ligand-binding assay development and performance (ELISA, MSD, FACS, Luminex, other)
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to work effectively in a highly dynamic group environment
- Demonstrated ability to work in a very collaborative manner
Moderna is pleased to provide you and your family with a comprehensive and innovative suite of benefits, including:
- Experience in an industrial setting or GxP environment
- Experience with multiple instrument platforms for assay development such as multi-mode plate readers for luminescence/fluorescence, Mesoscale Discovery (MSD), Flowcytometer, Luminex/Bioplex, or other
- Experience with functional cell-based assay development (e.g. cytotoxicity, proliferation, pathway signaling assays, cytokine release, other) and sample testing
- Familiarity with bioassay development, qualification, and validation
- Familiarity with nucleic acid therapeutic characterization
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task to meet aggressive timelines and development goals
- Highly competitive and inclusive medical, dental and vision coverage options
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- Lifestyle Spending Account funds to help you engage in personal enrichment and self-care activities
- Family care benefits, including subsidized back-up care options and on-demand tutoring
- Free premium access to fitness, nutrition, and mindfulness classes
- Exclusive preferred pricing on Peloton fitness equipment
- Adoption and family-planning benefits
- Dedicated care coordination support for our LGBTQ+ community
- Generous paid time off, including:
• Vacation, sick time and holidays
• Volunteer time to participate within your community
• Discretionary winter shut down
• Paid sabbatical after 5 years; every 3 years thereafter
- Generous Paid Leave offerings, including 18 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
- 401k match and Financial Planning tools
- Moderna-paid Life, LTD and STD insurance coverages, as well as voluntary benefit options
- Complimentary concierge service including home services research, travel booking, and entertainment requests
- Free parking or subsidized commuter passes
- Location-specific perks and extras!
Candidates should be aware that Moderna currently maintains a policy requiring all US-based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and receive a booster shot once eligible. Newly hired employees must be vaccinated and boosted prior to their employment start date. Moderna is an equal opportunity employer and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated or receive a booster where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.About Moderna
In over 10 years since its inception, Moderna has transformed from a research-stage company advancing programs in the field of messenger RNA (mRNA), to an enterprise with a diverse clinical portfolio of vaccines and therapeutics across seven modalities, a broad intellectual property portfolio in areas including mRNA and lipid nanoparticle formulation, and an integrated manufacturing plant that allows for rapid clinical and commercial production at scale. Moderna maintains alliances with a broad range of domestic and overseas government and commercial collaborators, which has allowed for the pursuit of both groundbreaking science and rapid scaling of manufacturing. Most recently, Moderna's capabilities have come together to allow the authorized use and approval of one of the earliest and most effective vaccines against the COVID-19 pandemic.
Moderna's mRNA platform builds on continuous advances in basic and applied mRNA science, delivery technology and manufacturing, and has allowed the development of therapeutics and vaccines for infectious diseases, immuno-oncology, rare diseases, cardiovascular diseases and autoimmune diseases. Moderna has been named a top biopharmaceutical employer by Science for the past seven years. To learn more, visit www.modernatx.com.
Moderna is a smoke-free, alcohol-free and drug-free work environment.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
This job has expired.