SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With over 97,000 employees in 130 countries and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products and services.
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
As the Senior Project Engineer, you will be responsibile for testing and managing lab throughput as well as client communication of projects and sales support. This individual will manage projects from the proposal process through the delivery of the final test report. This position may include managing direct reports.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Review the design of electrical products against UL / CSA / EN / IEC standards;
- Conduct tests in accordance with UL / CSA /EN / IEC standards;
- Specific knowledge of IEC/UL 60950-1 and IEC/UL 61010-1 is required;
- Familiarity of Medical IEC/UL 60601-1 and related part 2 standards is a plus;
- Generation of quality procedures and work instructions, design and implementation of test fixtures, acquiring lab equipment, and maintaining accreditations.
- Generate reports based on review and test data;
- Project Management;
- Travel to customer sites - Requires 10-20% travel;
- Design and implementation of test fixtures;
- Procurement of test equipment needed for lab scope expansion;
- Ability to engage with sales to develop and expand the market;
- Prior leadership experience a plus
- Adheres to internal standards, policies, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This job has expired.
- Bachelor's in Engineering
- 7+ years of experience , ora combination of equivalent relevant engineering testing experience and education
- In-depth knowledge of IEC/UL 60950-1 and 61010-1.
- Able to travel outside the US
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, good team spirit and adaptability;
- Ability to communicate effectively with SGS personnel and clients outside the US;
- High level of accuracy and good presentation skills;
- Ability to supervise/mentor staff;
- Ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment, able to deal with ambiguity;
- Ability to work on multiple tasks at the same time and prioritize them accordingly;
- Ability to interpret specifications to satisfy customer requirements