Marsh is seeking candidates for the following position based in the New York City office:
Senior Digital Product Owner
As a global leader in insurance broking and risk management, Marsh helps clients succeed by defining, designing, and delivering innovative, industry-specific solutions to effectively manage risk. Reporting to the United States & Canada Regional Product Manager within the Chief Transformation Office, you will successfully deliver Marsh's most significant, large scale, complex programs against the global strategic transformation and change agenda. Serving within Operations & Technology, you will be part of the Operational Excellence (OpEx) transformation program and its related priorities.
What can you expect?
What is in it for you (benefits, development opportunities, visibility, etc.?
- The role will have an initial focus on digital solutions for the Policy Servicing domain across Marsh's institutional client-base.
- Manage small to moderate scale regional digital products and services end-to-end to achieve business outcomes in coordination with your delivery partners
- Optimize the value of the delivery team by prioritizing a backlog of work against end-user needs and business objectives
- Participate in product discovery exercises focused on crystallizing the end-user need and curating demand for your digital product domain
- Contribute to a detailed and robust product roadmap
In this role you'll be responsible for:
- A company with a strong brand and strong results to match.
- Culture of internal mobility, collaboration and valued partnerships.
- Competitive pay (salary and performance bonus potential).
- Full benefits package - starting day one (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k match AND contribution).
- Work for a global company with excellent benefits and a dynamic culture
- Excellent growth/advancement opportunity
- Work with collaborative, intelligent, solutions-focused colleagues who truly care about the work, and each other, while maintaining work-life balance
We would like you to have:
- Manage the conversion of high-level business requirements and use-cases into detailed functional specifications and user-stories
- Partner with colleagues in UX and Design to ensure delivered product experiences are easy to use, scalable, and enjoyable
- Coordinate with colleagues focused on data standards and governance to ensure product alignment with key data efforts
- Undertake regular work stream meetings, documenting and following-up on actions and risks identifies from the meetings and escalate where needed, while ensuring remediation action plans are implemented
- Maintain ongoing appropriate communication to management and stakeholders both for status as well as to evangelize digital product benefits
- Develop comprehensive change management and benefits realization plans to ensure successful delivery of key changes
- Develop methods for the regional implementation of long-term product goals and objectives for highly complex and regional projects, evaluating regional needs within a global structure.
- Serve as a recognized expert in the product functionality being provided, and the business domain being served.
- Proactively communicate risks, dependencies, and changes to Product roadmap to stakeholders, sponsors, and users.
- Coordinate large size regional projects, including the establishment of plans, milestones, and deliverables in consultation with business stakeholders and external partners.
What makes ideal Candidate - but is not required:
- 7+ years' experience as a Product Owner within a Digital Products Organization or related competency
- Experience directly contributing to a related project, product, or initiative within a digital business or technology setting
- Experience delivering digital products in a multi-site environment
- Experience within a change and transformation environment
- Experience in a leadership role for a digital product or relevant software solution
- Demonstrated competency in partnership skills on past projects and products
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with managers, stakeholders, and delivery-partners
- Mastery in the digital products development within an Agile organization/structure
- Demonstrated ability managing multiple priorities, stakeholders, intiatives in a structured fashion
- Strong written skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- SAFe® or Comparable Certification a Plus (relevant course topics include but not limited to Agile Product Manager, Lean Portfolio Manager, Product Owner / Product Manager, Agilist)
- Demonstrated competency in managing stakeholders in a dynamic and diverse environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Domain experience in at least one relevant area of financial services space that includes but not limited to Insurance, Markets, Risk, Management, Economics
- Formal instruction (a degree, minor designation, certification, or other course-work) in a relevant aspect of digital technology including software development, computer or systems engineering, information systems, technology architecture, entrepreneurship, or related.
- Experience with modern digital product management software such as Jira
- Mastery in communication skill-set to partners, peers, managers, and stakeholders
- Experience which demonstrates intellectual curiosity
is the world's leading insurance broker and risk adviser. With over 35,000 colleagues operating in more than 130 countries, Marsh serves commercial and individual clients with data driven risk solutions and advisory services. Marsh is a business of Marsh McLennan (
NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With annual revenue approaching US $17 billion and 76,000 colleagues worldwide, MMC helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses: Marsh, Guy Carpenter, Mercer, and Oliver Wyman
. Follow Marsh on Twitter @MarshGlobal; LinkedIn; Facebook; and YouTube, or subscribe to BRINK.We are Marsh
A global leader in insurance broking and risk management. We enable clients to grow, innovate and create value by helping them understand and better manage the risks they face, and ensuring they have the resiliency to withstand the unexpected. Marsh partners with clients to turn uncertainty into opportunity. Marsh provides risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations and individuals around the world. Our team approach draws on dozens of industry and risk specialties within Marsh to customize solutions for each client.
This job has expired.