At Azenta, new ideas, new technologies and new ways of thinking are driving our future. Our customer-focused culture encourages employees to embrace innovation and challenge the status quo with novel thinking and collaborative work relationships.
Azenta Life Sciences is a global leader in the life sciences space with headquarters in Burlington, MA, and offices and operations worldwide. We are a market leader in automated bio sample management solutions and genomic services across areas such as drug development, clinical and advanced cell therapies for the industry's top pharmaceutical, biotech, academic and healthcare institutions globally. We provide unparalleled capabilities with our lab analysis, sample management and storage services, informatics software, and consumables, with the largest installed base managing over 1 billion samples globally.
How You'll Make an Impact
The Sr. Manager, Southwest Regional Sales Life Sciences is responsible for growing the genomic services revenue and expanding the company brand in the region (Southern California, Arizona surrounding areas.)
The role gives direction to sales staff towards utilizing resources, sales strategies and contributing to sales promotions. They coordinate sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals and establishes for sales professionals. They develop, forecast, monitor budgets, and utilize operational resources.
What You'll Do
The Regional Sales Manager, Southwest will be responsible for ensuring that assigned territory managers have the necessary training, coaching and tools to obtain their individual sales objectives.
This position is the first level of management responsible for:
What You Will Bring
- Achieve quarterly and annual regional sales goals by driving and supporting the team in their efforts for the development, maintenance, and enhancement of customer accounts including Pharmaceutical Companies, Biotech Companies, Research Institutions, Academic Accounts and Government Institutions
- Lead a team of sales professionals providing performance management and, more importantly, support of development through coaching and mentoring
- Track and drive sales activity metrics to meet company standards
- Prepare/ manage forecast of regional revenue and business growth for planning purposes
- Versed in the design and implementation of compensation plans including bonuses, SPIFFs, and commissions
- Develop and foster collaborative relationships with business and functional unit managers to propel the business forward
- Improve efficiency of the sales team through process development and refinement
- Possessing a comprehensive technical knowledge of the businesses and technologies being managed, along with developing managerial skills necessary to successfully manage a sales team.
- Developing an understanding of overall Azenta Life Sciences businesses and the industries we serve.
- Driving collaboration across Azenta businesses, functions and commercial teams
- Conducting presentations to senior executives and high-level customers
- Handling complex sales opportunities and channel strategies
- Assisting with sales presentations and solution selling
- Acting as a resource for product and company knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree in Biology or Life Sciences required
- 5+ years sales leadership experience
- 10+ total years of advanced experience selling scientific services and/or products to Pharmaceutical and Biotech Companies, Research Institutions, Academic, and Government Accounts required
- Experience leading sales team with demonstrated results, coaching and mentoring sales professionals at all levels
- Proven track record in management of large regional revenue quotas, launching new territories, closing institutional partnerships, punch-outs and other online marketplace type programs
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Willing and able to travel overnight as required (minimum 50% of time depending on territory)
- Home office based
This job has expired.