InterSystems technology is the engine behind the world's most important applications. Our software is used to manage over 1 billion patient records worldwide. In financial services, nearly $2 trillion in assets are governed by InterSystems-based risk and compliance applications. With great products, and brilliant people, what we do, matters.
Sales Executives in the Federal business are responsible for managing all aspects of prospective and existing accounts, generating sales revenue, and ensuring a productive and profitable business relationship with customers and with Systems Integrators.
The ideal candidate will have experience selling technology into governmental accounts or partnering with Systems Integrators that sell into such accounts. A background in clinical and/or operational systems is important - particularly related to health information exchange -- as is an understanding of the regulatory and policy environment of the federal government ecosystem. An understanding of the Federal procurement process is important, including contracting vehicles, prime contractors versus subcontractors, services versus products, flowdown considerations, and ongoing contract management.
- Introducing InterSystems products and services to federal government agencies, outside of VA, DoD, and IHS
- Planning sales strategy and driving new business opportunities with target organizations
- Influencing the design of upcoming RFxs through collaboration with key stakeholders
- Building relationships with Systems Integrators in order to drive the inclusion of InterSystems technology in proposals
- Collaborating with Sales Engineers and other functional units at InterSystems to assemble sales proposals including RFx responses
- Acting as the principal liaison between InterSystems, prime contractors, and customer accounts; developing and enhancing business relationships by providing high levels of service and by encouraging contact with accounts at various organizational levels; developing and continuously updating account profiles
- Ensuring that problems raised by existing customers and integrators are handled by the organization
- Achieving sales objectives
- Providing feedback from customers regarding product performance; providing input to product development and support services for product fixes and enhancement
- Representing InterSystems at sales conferences to promote the Company's products and services
- Generating new business revenues as well as helping to protect and grow existing customer base
- Governmental agency domain knowledge, especially around key topics and trends impacting Health and Human Services (i.e. healthcare delivery, payment reform, HIE/interoperability, public health)
- 8+ years track record of technology sales success, in healthcare or government
- Demonstrated experience selling software solutions, including data platforms and analytics
- Understanding of the government contracting process
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Prior experience working in a healthcare information technology and IT sales in the governmental sector
Education and Training:
- Bachelor's Degree or relevant experience
Established in 1978, InterSystems provides innovative data solutions for organizations with critical information needs in the healthcare, finance, and logistics sectors and beyond. Our cloud-first data platforms solve interoperability, speed, and scalability problems for organizations around the globe. InterSystems also develops and supports data management in hospitals through the world's most proven electronic medical record, as well as unified care records for health systems and governments through a powerful suite of healthcare data integration solutions. The company is committed to excellence through its award-winning, 24×7 support for customers and partners in more than 80 countries. Privately held and headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, InterSystems has 25 offices worldwide. For more information, please visit InterSystems.com .