Merceris seeking qualified candidates for the following position based in the Atlanta or Charlotte office:
Senior Executive Compensation Consultant
What can you expect?
- The Senior Executive Compensation Consultant works with a wide range of clients to design and implement executive rewards programs to attract, reward, and retain talent
- You will be responsible for applying research-driven data on executive compensation to help clients drive business performance and balance talent and governance risks
- You will apply your experience and analytical ability to present conclusions to clients and help them understand recommendations and their impact
- You will manage client projects, draft client presentations, assist in providing consulting advice, and formally and/or informally manage a team of Analysts and Associates, providing feedback, technical review, and development
To learn more about Mercer's Career practice, please visit https://www.mercer.com/what-we-do/workforce-and-careers.htmlWhat's in it for you?
We will count on you to:
- A company with a strong brand, with experience developingsolutionsfortoday's and tomorrow's toughest challenges
- The opportunity to grow your career and showcase your talent in a global organization
- An opportunity to learn other areas in career consulting, such as communications and HR transformation
- A culture of internal mobility, diversity, inclusion, and collaboration
- Employee Resource Groups which provide access to leaders, relevant volunteer and mentoring opportunities and interactions with counterparts in industry groups and client organizations
- Flexible work opportunities for work/life balance
- Competitive pay and a full benefits package, starting Day 1 (Medical, Dental, Vision, Short- and Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase program, and a generous paid time-off allowance); plus a fixed company contribution AND a company match on your 401k, after one year of service
What you need to have:
- Prepare project charts and templates using project management tools, estimate hours for the project team, and prepare timelines for project milestones
- Serve as an independent project manager for more straightforward projects or work streams
- Ensure client projects adhere to budget, and immediately address out-of-scope issues or budget overruns and manage the client's expectations
- Prioritize project activities to manage the workload and meet project deadlines
- Delegate and leadproject tasks in line with individual capability, development needs, and available Analyst and Associate resources
- Identify new business opportunities with clients and manage the proposal process
- Lead both internal and client project status meetings
- Serve as a primary client contact and build relationships with clients
What makes you stand out:
- Bachelor's degree
- At least4 years' experience in executive rewards/compensation
- Knowledge of compensation principles, e.g., job benchmarking, salary structure design, job architecture
- Strong quantitative background and skill set
- Deep analysis and reporting experience -- skilled in data manipulation and analysis using spreadsheet software (Excel), as well as developing written reports which summarize analysis and provide interpretation in the context of the challenge faced by the client
- Proven project management skills and creative problem-solving abilities
- External consulting experience with a professional services firm
- Job Architecture experience
- The ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously on a variable schedule based on project demand and link executive compensation challenges to broader business or industry context
- Experience presenting results to Boards of Directors
- An active listener --giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made and asking questions as appropriate
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer's more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit https://www.mercer.com/. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Marsh McLennan and its Affiliates are EOEMinority/Female/Disability/Vet/SexualOrientation/Gender Identity employers.
This job has expired.