GLOBALFOUNDRIES is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world's most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GLOBALFOUNDRIES makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is owned by Mubadala Investment Company. For more information, visit www.globalfoundries.com
Summary of Role:
The Fab 10 CIM Applications team manages the many applications and systems that support our highly-automated 300mm fab. The team works closely with peer developers, SQA testers, IT and end-users. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is looking for software engineers to develop and support real time software that manages the fab factory systems, specifically in the area of Manufacturing Execution System, In-line Electrical Test and Fab Controls. The successful candidate will be comfortable working through all stages of the software development life-cycle from requirements to development, test and deployment using Agile disciplines. Will need to work in a dynamic collaborative environment requiring strong teaming skills with programmers, engineers, managers and production employees.
Essential Responsibilities Include:
Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- Gather requirements, design, code, test, integrate and maintain custom factory systems applications supporting the manufacturing process.
- Design and develop Java/J2EE applications to ensure they are robust, extensible and easy to maintain. This includes developing analysis-level documents that reflect the requirements and weigh business and technical requirements to produce estimates. Maintain system and design documentation and prepare materials for project reviews. Develop test plans and carry out testing new application releases. L
- Develop enhancements and modifications to existing In-line Test software and NoSQL database.
- Work with peers in Level-2 support of the Manufacturing Execution System and related subsystems. These are complex, integrated systems that run the entire Fab. Hone skills to become a subject matter expert.
- Develop and maintain troubleshooting and corrective action guides. Perform troubleshooting and corrective actions during unscheduled application downtimes. Create alerts and troubleshooting guides to drive Mean Time To Detect and Mean Time To Repair improvements. Perform deep dive analysis on critical factory applications to determine solutions to system performance issues and drive to closure
- Plan and perform application installation during scheduled downtimes and during normal operations without downtime or production impact
- Plan and perform training or level one support teams and perform cross training with peer application engineers. Work closely to establish 24x7 on call support and troubleshooting of factory system applications and infrastructure issues to ensure Service Level Agreements (SLA's) are achieved.
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety and Security requirements and programs
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS, CIS Engineering or relevant field
- Experience: 2-3 years of experience in software development with Java, J2EE, Servlets, JSP JDBC, HTTP
- Experience with Windows Server and Linux running JBOSS and web server.
- UNIX skills - command line operations, shell scripts, crons and performance monitoring
- Experience with Relational and NoSQL databases
- 24x7 support availability
- Fluency in the English Language - written & verbal
- Education: Master's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS, CIS, Engineering or relevant field
- Expertise in deploying and supporting large-scale information systems
- Experience with major applications and IT components in a highly automated factory, including the Manufacturing Execution System (e.g., SiView, RTD/APF), MQ Series, material control system, equipment interfaces, process control software, dispatching/scheduling applications, and common database technology
- Semiconductor knowledge
- 2-3+ years' experience with JVisualVM, Eclipse, and JBossDevStudio or similar development tools
- Experience with MQ APIs, client configuration and JMS
- General knowledge of xml and dtd schema
- Advanced skills with UNIX / SQL
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work effectively and communicate in a global organization
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GLOBALFOUNDRIES goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.