Evinova is a health-tech business, accelerating the delivery of better health outcomes by propelling the life sciences sector forward in digital health, from the inside. Through our application of science-based expertise, evidence-led rigour, and human experience-driven insight, our digital solutions are deliberately designed so that everyone can reach better health outcomes together. Evinova is a health-tech business within the AstraZeneca Group.
Digital Health is the convergence of healthcare with technology, data and analytics with the aim to transform the healthcare industry and improve human health.
At AstraZeneca, our goal is to improve patient experience and outcomes. We've been working hard to make this a reality, and our accumulated years of experience enables us to embed digital health at scale in our business and lead with our digital patient solutions.
AstraZeneca has Digital Health as one of the top strategic priorities for the company.
The Senior Director, Product Operations is accountable and responsible for creating and maintaining the overall Digital Health product portfolio. They will develop the business strategy to deliver on AZ and Digital Health score card objectives and key results through the product portfolio in partnership with transformation leaders and heads of products. They will be responsible for the Strategic Portfolio Management across Digital Health and are accountable for prioritizing projects, leading portfolio level risk management, and portfolio optimization to maximize outcomes from invested funds.
Additionally, this role will establish and maintain ecosystem partnerships and collaborations with internal and external stakeholders, vendors, and others to both accelerate delivery of the strategy and to ensure Digital Health continues to be industry leading.
The Senior Director, Portfolio & Product Operations will lead a team to support the portfolio strategy & management, portfolio OKR identification and tracking, product ecosystem development and product activation. This team will have the responsibility to guide and mature our Portfolio value outcomes by driving delivery excellence, business agility, product maturity, quality, innovation, and our continuous delivery pipeline to deliver on our strategic objectives.
This role will be accountable to build a foundation of portfolio maturity and strategic management through techniques of value realization, driving data driven decisions through metrics and measurements, infrastructure, optimizing business processes, tooling ownership, cultural enhancements, a relentless improvement mindset, and instilling industry-best practices. By managing the Portfolio in these ways, the Senior Director, Portfolio & Product Operations will foster of the maturity of the operating model that will serve as the cornerstone between the business and IT.
As the Senior Director, Portfolio & Product Operation, you will:
- Digital Health Portfolio Strategy Development: Leads operations for the Digital Health product portfolio. Develops plan to deliver on AZ and Digital Health score card objectives and key results through the product portfolio in partnership with the Digital Health Leadership Tam and Product Team. This involves the governance, operations and processes around Digital Health products and releases.
- Portfolio Management: oversee operations and execution of AZ R&D's Digital Health product portfolio. Accountable for prioritizing projects, leading portfolio level risk management, and portfolio optimization to maximize outcomes from invested funds. This involves assessing and managing the potential impact and risk of digital health initiatives delivered to the business, existing roadmaps, and investments.
- Performance Monitoring and Analysis: Track and analyse the performance of the digital health product portfolio, including key metrics and outcomes. Ensure outcomes are driving desired value. Regular monitoring and analysis will help identify areas for improvement, measure the effectiveness of digital health initiatives, and inform future decision-making.
- Portfolio & Product Operations: Own, guide, and implement governance and single operating model for Digital Health to ensure role clarity, prioritization mechanisms, backlog health, quality, customer centricity, dependency management, strategic planning, and Portfolio vision can be realized to shorten lead time and optimize value outcomes.
- Organizational Agility & Technical Excellence: Ensure teams are cross-functional, high performing, and produce high-quality solutions that deliver the desired value; help mature CI/CD pipeline practices and driving 'quality built-in' techniques.
- Internal Cross-functional Collaboration: Collaborate with various internal and external stakeholders to ensure alignment to the portfolio.
- Leadership and Team Management: As a leader, provide guidance, mentorship, and support to a team of professionals working on Digital Health solutions and products. Foster a collaborative and innovative work environment, set clear objectives, and ensure the team has the necessary resources and support to execute the digital health strategy effectively
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in scientific or technical field
- 5+ years of leading digital transformations, portfolio management and software product development
- Experience in Digital Health with a solid understanding of healthcare
- Ability to lead and influence strategically while persuade tactfully, to obtain desired outcomes while maintaining effective, positive, organizational relationships
- Ability to work collaboratively in a cross functional setting with internal and external partners
- Ability to challenge the status quo, take ownerships and be accountable while also holding others accountable
- Experience leading a team and working globally
- Superb communication skills and an ability to create clarify from ambiguity
- Proven leadership abilities promoting, motivating and empowering others to accomplish objectives
- Passion for patients and customers, representing the needs of both in decision making
- Able to teach & mentor lean product development to focus on design thinking and customer
- Ability to interpret and communicate technical information into business language
- Continuous Improvement mindset with experience to understand how to take a pragmatic approach
Why Evinova (AstraZeneca)?
- Software devops experience
- Experience of working in a global organisation with complex/geographical context
- Pharmaceutical industry experience
- Experience on bringing innovation that is solving complex and multi-dimensional issues from an operational, technical, financial, and human perspective
- Experience leading successful agile transformation with expertise in portfolio management, organizational design, and DevSecOps expertise Software development and / or clinical project management
- Familiarity with the latest research and thinking in the Digital Health space Comprehensive understanding of dynamics affecting the pharmaceutical industry and needs for transformation
- Ability to work globally including international travel Sophisticated Project management skills, including managing vendors, budgets, timelines, and risks
Evinova draws on AstraZeneca's deep experience developing novel therapeutics, informed by insights from thousands of patients and clinical researchers. Together, we can accelerate the delivery of life-changing medicines, improve the design and delivery of clinical trials for better patient experiences and outcomes, and think more holistically about patient care before, during, and after treatment. We know that regulators, healthcare professionals, and care teams at clinical trial sites do not want a fragmented approach. They do not want a future where every pharmaceutical company provides its own, different digital solutions. They want solutions that work across the sector, simplify their workload, and benefit patients broadly. By bringing our solutions to the wider healthcare community, we can help build more unified approaches to how we all develop and deploy digital technologies, better serving our teams, physicians, and ultimately patients. Evinova represents a unique opportunity to deliver meaningful outcomes with digital and AI to serve the wider healthcare community and create new standards for the sector. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of health-tech business to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting-edge methods, and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.So, what's next!
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can't wait to hear from you.Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
Learn more about Evinova www.evinova.com
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.
This job has expired.