At YETI, we believe that time spent outdoors matters more than ever and our gear can make that time extraordinary. When you work here, you'll have the opportunity to create exceptional, meaningful work and problem solve with innovative team members by your side. Together, you'll help our customers get the high-quality gear they need to make the most of their adventures. We are BUILT FOR THE WILD™.
YETI is experiencing significant growth as we expand our product portfolio and business globally. The demand planning function at YETI plays a key role in helping the company make strategic business decisions. This role will provide insights and demand forecasts for commercial and operations teams to drive business outcomes.
The Senior Director role is a global role as part of the Commercial Leadership Team. YETI is needing a seasoned professional who has the passion and ability to build best in class demand planning solutions and a global team to support YETI's high growth business. The ideal candidate will have significant industry knowledge and leadership experience in supply chain management and deep expertise in global demand planning.
Position Type (See Workplace Approach Below): Hybrid
Qualifications and Attributes:
- Strategy and Planning: Develop and communicate a vision and strategy for demand planning that drives alignment across the organization and provides team members direction on key objectives. Understand and incorporate supply chain industry trends and best practices. Work with other YETI's functions to execute strategies that benefit both YETI and its partners.
- Demand Planning Function: Provide leadership and direction for the demand planning organization to ensure the business is operating to meet and/or exceed goals for quality, cost-effectiveness, and customer satisfaction. Work collaboratively across related functions to eliminate non-value-added activities while continuously improving processes, systems, and people capabilities which drives operational excellence. Develop demand operation scorecards and metrics to evaluate and improve operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Financial Management: Develop cost-effective operational budgets. Audit and analyze the financial performance of the demand planning function and take actions as required. Evaluate current spending practices and identify opportunities to optimize to drive effectiveness and quality.
- Leadership: Build and lead a team of highly effective, skilled and passionate professionals to collaboratively lead the global demand planning and forecasting processes. Evaluate organization design, on a regular basis, to ensure organization is structured, skilled and staffed appropriately to support a high growth, global business. Inspire and motivate staff to achieve their fullest potential while preparing for potential career advancement opportunities.
- Customer Service: Collaborate effectively and build strong partnerships with internal customers to understand needs and requirements.
- Selected candidate will be part of the Commercial leadership team.
US Workplace Approach:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Operations, or related area required
- Master's Degree preferred
- At least 13 years of demand planning/forecasting and commercial experience
- At least 6 years of experience in a managerial role with budgetary responsibility required
- Experience in consumer products preferred
- Experience working in a complex, operations-focused organization
- Expertise with supply chain advance planning systems
- Expertise working in SAP enterprise resource planning (ERP) system
- Strong blend of management skills and some planning tools and available technology expertise, including demand planning decision-making, integration with commercial operations, supply planning, S&OP, leadership, and financial management
- Experience in designing demand planning organizations to achieve business and operational alignment
- Ability to build effective teams and motivate individuals to achieve common goals
- Excellent project management, organization, and prioritization skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines at any given time
- Demonstrated critical thinking, deductive reasoning, problem solving, and analytical skills to interpret data, understand demand trends and take appropriate actions
- A proven leader who is able to recruit, develop and mentor talent capable of supporting future growth and adapt to organizational change
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills with all stakeholders: employees, management, suppliers, and community leaders
- Demonstrated industry knowledge and ability to be proactive and creative in developing innovative approaches to current and emerging business challenges
- Onsite: Role requires you to be onsite full-time.
- Hybrid: Role requires you to be located in Austin, Texas and is a mixture of onsite and remote.
- Remote: Role is full-time remote.
Approach may vary based on role. YETI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.