In this position, you will utilize your prior Information Systems work experience to primarily support our Microsoft SQL Server environments.
- Develop Data base definition, structure, documentation, long-range requirements and operational guidelines.
- Ensure data recovery, maintenance, and space requirements for databases are met through the formulation and monitoring of policies, procedures and standards related to database management.
- Ensure that all solutions meet business objectives and that data integrity is established and maintained across all computing platforms and database management systems.
- Assist in the planning and technical development in the areas of design, maintenance, testing and implementation of database solutions in a multi-tiered cross platform computing environment.
- Represent database technologies as a member of application development projects.
- Day-to-day execution of backup and recovery functions for Microsoft SQL Server as well as the implementation of database and application upgrades.
- Support Change Management within all database environments.
- Install and upgrade database system software and related products while maintaining database software at current release level and maintenance levels.
- Monitor and tune database subsystems on all platforms to ensure optimal performance.
- Participate in hardware capacity planning; review SQL coding and recommend ways to optimize as requested.
- Maintain knowledge of business applications and servers as an in-house consultant regarding database design and architecture.
- Continuously evaluate and evolve database management system enhancements and applicability to our corporate database management system environment.
- Communicate new features and functionality of database management system software.
- Demonstrate commitment to Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, and apply knowledge of compliance policies and procedures, standards and laws applicable to job responsibilities in the performance of work.
Required Licenses / Certifications
- 7+ year's hands-on experience with installation, configuration, tuning and support of SQL Server.
- Experience supporting SQL Server in a virtualized environment in Azure.
- Experience with SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, Powershell
- Experience supporting vendor package database.
- Experience with DBMS Dev Ops tools a plus.
- Experience with DB2-zOS a plus but not required.
- BS in Computer Science preferred, but appropriate business/technical experience acceptable.
- MCITP Database Administration a plus.
This job has expired.
- Clear, logical thinker with hands-on experience supporting multiple database platforms.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Desire to learn DB2-ZOS.
- Ideal candidate will have experience planning and coordinating database upgrades and working with internal IT groups to meet departmental goals.