ECS is a federal contractor. As such, we are subject an Executive Order requiring all employees of federal contractors to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by January 4th, 2022. Therefore, by applying for this position, you understand that you will be required to verify that you have been, or will be, fully vaccinated by January 4th, 2022, or to verify that you cannot be vaccinated due to a legally recognized exception to the vaccine mandate set forth in the Executive Order.
Note: An individual is not considered to be fully vaccinated until two weeks after receiving the second vaccine dosage in a vaccine regimen involving two vaccines.
The above does not apply to personnel applying to United States Postal Service positions, however, as an ECS employee you will be required to complete the ECS COVID-19 survey to be compliant with Executive Order 14024.
ECS is seeking a Senior Database Administrator to work in our Aurora, CO (Buckley AFB) office.
- Administer the ESRI database.
- Monitor, log and resolve database performance issues, response times for reports and transactions, unusual entries in the alert logs and trace files, failures, and free space.
- Deploy critical patch updates and security patches within the Government-approved deployment and mitigation schedules to maintain a hardened and secure infrastructures.
- Apply major and minor upgrades to database server software supporting ESRI analyst software and tools.
- Perform and test backup and recovery processes.
- Leverage existing tools to perform daily exports and snapshots to reconstitute databases in the event of a failure.
- Monitor the local Atlassian Jira application for open and approved tickets specific to the enterprise databases and follow local Information Technology ESRI Database O&M policies and procedures.
- Create derived relational database objects to enable display of vital statistics on ESRI Portal applications.
- Understanding and experience with deployment of code versioning for off-site backups to meet development best-practices for security and reliability.
- Deep understanding of data ingest scripts and migration of scripts to current operational engine to improve system reliability.
- Understanding and experience with local Cyber Security Assessment and Authorization (A&A) processes.
- Performs duties as the site lead; Prepares Weekly Activity Report (WAR), Monthly Summary Report (MSR), weekly teams meeting with Program Manager, other local activities required by customer.
- Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) clearance with CI Poly and appropriate Department of Defense (DoD) 8140.01 IAT baseline certification is required for this task order.
- US Citizen
- Remote not authorized
- The candidate will be a highly motivated individual who works well as part of multi-disciplinary teams. Candidate must have strong analytical, troubleshooting skills. Candidate should have experience in performing a variety of routine project tasks applied to GIS database administration.
- Proficient in GIS database applications, PL/SQL, understanding ESRI Portal functionality using database elements and dynamic triggers
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.