NewLane Finance is a commercial equipment finance company, serving small and mid-size businesses nationwide. Our mantra is "business lending done right", and our strategy is to revolutionize small business lending by employing the latest technology and a motivated workforce to deliver fair and transparent financing solutions to businesses with unmatched levels of speed, convenience and customer service. Our products and services are offered to the business community primarily through financing programs with equipment manufacturers, distributors, and dealers. NewLane Finance is powered by a $14B financial organization.
NewLane Finance is seeking an experienced Credit Analyst to review, underwrite, and decide commercial equipment finance requests. The qualified candidate is responsible for independently assessing the credit worthiness of commercial equipment finance requests according to NewLane’s Credit policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Commitment to Excellence
- Responsible for reviewing and evaluating credit risk for commercial businesses, with ticket sizes ranging up to $500,000.
- Responsible for interpreting commercial (i.e., D&B, Paynet, etc.) and consumer reports, and related information to render a sound credit decision.
- Duties may include financial spread and analysis of business financial statements and tax returns to determine the applicant’s overall financial condition and their capacity to repay.
- Ensure transactions are underwritten according to NewLane’s Credit policy and procedure standards.
- Review and decision transactions which are within delegated individual credit authority.
- When needed, prepare and present credit approval summaries to members of Credit and Senior Management.
- Qualify and approve equipment dealers and collateral to be financed.
- Must understand, abide and uphold NewLane’s audit procedures and internal controls related to essential duties and responsibilities.
- Perform fraud checks and due diligence while underwriting and assessing new equipment finance requests.
- Daily responsibilities will require face to face interaction with Sales, Credit and Senior Management.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a cross functional team.
- Proven ability to perform in a dynamic, high volume, transaction processing environment.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Candidate should be self-motivated and possess a desire to learn.
- Comply with audit and documentation policy and procedure requirements.
- Must understand, abide and uphold audit procedures and internal controls related to essential duties and responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, Economics, Accounting or related business fields required.
- 3+ years of related experience required, preferably within the small business financing or leasing industry.
- A strong understanding of business tax returns, financial statements, and business concepts.
- Excellent Microsoft Office Suite including Excel and computer literacy skills required.
- Good working knowledge of other functional departments (i.e., Sales, Funding, Servicing, Collections, etc.) and their interactions with the Credit department.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to leverage relationship building skills.
- Customer service focus and a professional approach to servicing B2B relationships
The successful candidate will receive competitive compensation, excellent benefits including Health, Dental, Vision, 401k) with match, flexible spending, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance, generous PTO, and much more…NewLane Finance is shaping the future of business finance, and we're looking for talented, committed individuals to join our company as we continue to grow our team. We work hard to find the best people, invest in their professional development and encourage “thinking outside the box”. Ultimately, it is our people which will create our success…by helping our customers grow and succeedNewLane Finance is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.NewLane Finance will not be able to provide Relocation or Sponsorship
This job has expired.