Join a groundbreaking team.
We're searching for a Senior Analyst to join our growing Corporate Development & Strategy team to support identification, business case development, diligence, structuring, and execution of M&A opportunities, as well as market/competitive analysis and strategic projects. In this role, you'll gather and analyze market data from various sources, produce insights, and make strategic recommendations for our Executive Leadership Team. Sound good to you? Join us.
What you'll do as a Senior Corporate Development Analyst:
- Identify, research, and recommend companies, technologies, and capabilities for DraftKings to evaluate for potential M&A.
- Support all aspects of the M&A process, including business case preparation, strategic/financial analysis, valuation, competitive analysis, due diligence, and post-merger integration planning.
- Perform comprehensive and in-depth industry research and develop competitive intelligence summaries to help inform strategic fit for DraftKings.
- Track potential and active acquisition targets, maintain internal databases and prepare internal M&A target reporting.
- Support the planning process for strategic projects and business initiatives (e.g., assessing new products, new platforms, new verticals, and other potential growth opportunities) and serve as a cross-functional resource to drive go-to-market strategies for new ventures.
- Examples of recent project work include DraftKings' announced acquisition of Golden Nugget Online Gaming and cross-functional strategic support for the launch of the DraftKings NFT Marketplace.
What you'll bring:
- At least two years of experience in relevant roles, such as Investment Banking, Corporate Development, Management Consulting, Private Equity, Venture Capital, or Strategy.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or similar (preferred).
- Proficiency in Excel modeling (including forecast development and valuations) and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively across functional teams and levels of seniority to refine strategic recommendations and build consensus.
- Prior experience or knowledge of the sports, entertainment, or gaming sectors is a plus.