At Optiv, we're on a mission to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We're one of the fastest growing companies in a truly essential industry.
In your role at Optiv, you'll be inspired by a team of the brightest business and technical minds in cybersecurity. We are passionate champions for our clients, and know from experience that the best solutions for our clients' needs come from working hard together. As part of our team, your voice matters, and you will do important work that has impact, on people, businesses and nations. Our industry and our company move fast, and you can be sure that you will always have room to learn and grow. We're proud of our team and the important work we do to build confidence for a more connected world.
Who are we looking for:
The Elastic Stack/DevOps Architect will provide design, execution, build-out and documentation support for a KAFKA/ELK pilot. The contractor will help develop test cases and performance metrics.
How you will make an impact
Qualifications for success:
- Developing automated solutions for deploying Elastic stack components (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, Beats) in a repeatable and scalable fashion.
- Working with Ingest and Architecture teams to create deployment roles for all components of the Elastic Stack.
- Working with documentation teams to create deployment guides.
- Monitoring and maintaining Stack and infrastructure performance.
- Comfortable working remotely in a highly distributed team
- Development of demos and proof-of-concepts that highlight the value of the Elastic Stack
- Data modeling, query development and optimization, cluster tuning and scaling with a focus on fast search and analytics at scale
- Technology workshops that include hands-on mentoring, whiteboarding, and solution development
- Solving our customers' most challenging data problems
- Working closely with the Elastic engineering, product management, and support teams to identify feature enhancements, extensions, and product defects
- Engaging with the Elastic Sales team to scope opportunities while assessing technical risks, questions, or concerns
- Mentoring Elastic team members on new technology and solutions
- Active U.S. Federal security clearance - Secret or higher
- Ability to travel in region up to 25% of the time
- Excel at working directly with customers to gather, prioritize, plan and execute solutions to customer business requirements as it relates to our technologies
- Preferred hands-on experience with automating elastic stack features
- Hands-on experience with large distributed systems from an architecture and development perspective
- Proficient in Ansible (Open to Terraform, Chef, Puppet...)
- Familiarity with data streaming technologies such as Kafka, Kinesis, or Azure Stream Analytics
- Great presentation skills with the ability to speak in front of audiences both large and small
- Knowledge of information retrieval and/or analytics domain
Secret Clearance required
- CompTIA Security+ certification required
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! As a market-leading provider of cyber security solutions, Optiv has the most comprehensive ecosystem of security products and partners to deliver unparalleled services. Our rich and successful history with our clients is based on trust, serving more than 12,000 clients of varying sizes and industries, including commercial, government and education. We have the proven expertise to plan, build, and run successful security programs across Risk Management, Cyber Digital Transformation, Threat Management, Security Operations - Managed Services and Identity and Data Management.With Optiv you can expect:
• A company committed to championing Diversity, Equality and Inclusion through Affinity groups including but not limited to, Women's Network, Optiv Pride, Black Employee Network, and Veterans Support Network.
• Work/life balance. We offer "Recharge" a flexible, time-off program that encourages eligible employees to take the time they need to recharge
• Professional training resources, including tuition reimbursement
• Creative problem-solving and the ability to tackle unique, complex projects
• Volunteer Opportunities. "Optiv Chips In" encourages employees to volunteer and engage with their teams and communities.
• The ability and technology necessary to productively work remote/from home (where applicable)
Optiv is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.