At Optiv, we're on a mission to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We're one of the fastest-growing companies in a truly essential industry. Join us.
What we are looking for:
Optiv is a multi-disciplined consulting team with focus areas on network penetration, malware analysis, vulnerability research, hardware testing, operating system, mobile device, and application testing. The Application Security group focuses on mobile and web application testing, and generally anything in Java, .Net, PHP or Web/Mobile frameworks.
We expect a senior-level individual to have at least four years in a directly related role. The majority of work is remote we would like to talk to you regardless of where you call home.
How you will make an impact:
Qualifications for success:
- Penetration testing using both black box testing techniques as well as in-depth reviews of source code.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive application testing methodology. Identify critical vulnerabilities not detectable by static analysis tools and provided reports, severity classifications, and remediation advice.
- Gray box application testing. Our normal app assessment approach is a full-knowledge gray box style where we have access to docs, source, a functioning app, and control of the environment. We do also perform straight code reviews or black box testing and all consultants need to be comfortable with both. Basically, you need be able to take advantage of those resources, when present, and not be hamstrung when they are not available.
- Code review and static analysis. You should know how to approach a large code review and be experienced with current static analysis tools. You should be able to look at a codebase and prioritize code for top-down as well as create signatures for components that aren't covered with the base toolset. Aid in vulnerability remediation efforts by working alongside developers as well as directly contributing to the code base.
- Mobile application testing. Should understand the threat classes for mobile apps and preferably have performed assessments of mobile application on the iOS and Android platforms.
- Threat Modeling and SDL processes, as per the MS guidelines.
- Secure SDLC consulting for Agile / DevOps
Development experience in some of these areas:
- Practical experience in an application security role with manual testing
- Experience building Secure SDLC programs is a plus Previous job experience in an information security consulting services role
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time to client sites
- Understanding of software security architecture and design
- Ability to work with diverse and dynamic teams
- Successful implementation of application testing methodologies for web applications and APIs
- Able to assist in setting the strategic direction of the practice based on experience and industry background
- College degree or related work experience.
- BA/BS degree preferred in computer science, engineering, math, statistics, or information systems
- Prefer one or more of the following certifications: CISSP, CEH, OSCP, OSCE, GPEN, CPT, CSSLP
- Prior consulting and/or enterprise experience is a required
- .Net (C#/Net), Java, Ruby, PHP, Python, along with common dev frameworks such as Spring Core/Boot/MVC, Hibernate, JSF/JSP, Ruby On Rails, Sinatra, Entity Framework, WCF
We don't expect people to be experts in every area but you will have to demonstrate expertise in a few so that we can fit you with the appropriate projects.Things we like to see:
CVE's, links to your con presentation (or your con), tools, research papers, generally anything that can demonstrate you know your stuff when it comes to web and mobile applications.With Optiv you can expect:
• A company committed to championing Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion through Affinity groups including but not limited to, Women's Network, Optiv Pride, Black Employee Network, and Veterans Support Network.
• Work/life balance. We offer "Recharge" a flexible, time-off program that encourages eligible employees to take the time they need to recharge
• Professional training resources, including tuition reimbursement
• Creative problem-solving and the ability to tackle unique, complex projects
• Volunteer Opportunities. "Optiv Chips In" encourages employees to volunteer and engage with their teams and communities.
• The ability and technology necessary to productively work remote/from home (where applicable)
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success, and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! As a market-leading provider of cyber security solutions, Optiv has the most comprehensive ecosystem of security products and partners to deliver unparalleled services. Our rich and successful history with our clients is based on trust, serving more than 12,000 clients of varying sizes and industries, including commercial, government, and education. We have the proven expertise to plan, build, and run successful security programs across Risk Management, Cyber Digital Transformation, Threat Management, Security Operations - Managed Services, and Identity and Data Management.
Optiv is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
This job has expired.