Mercer is seeking candidates for the following position based in the Chicago office:
Senior Compensation Consultant
Mercer's Compensation practice works with a wide range of clients to design and implement broad-based rewards programs to help attract and retain talent. We do this by understanding our clients' unique strategies, capabilities, and company cultures; and applying our design and analytical skills and in-depth knowledge of global market practices to deliver effective results. Within this context, we help our clients:
- Benchmark compensation levels relative to market
- Assist in the design of incentive compensation structures which align rewards with value-creating business strategies
- Stay abreast of regulatory developments and their implications and monitor global market trends
- Support the project team in developing deliverables for clients
To learn more about Mercer's Compensation & Rewards practice, please visit
https://www.mercer.com/what-we-do/workforce-and-careers/workforce-rewards.htmlWhat can you expect?
What's in it for you?
- The Senior Compensation Consultant supports companies in the design and execution of performance measurement and reward strategies that reinforce business objectives
- You will work with organizations to identify the financial and people factors that drive value
- You will design financial performance measurement and target-setting systems to support these reward and compensation programs
We will count on you to:
- A company with a strong brand and experience developingsolutionsfortoday's and tomorrow's toughest challenges
- The opportunity to contributeintellectualcapital and leadership as part of the global leader in human resources consulting
- A culture of internal mobility, diversity, inclusion, and collaboration
- Employee Resource Groups which provide access to leaders, relevant volunteer and mentoring opportunities and interactions with counterparts in industry groups and client organizations
- Competitive pay and a full benefits package, starting Day 1 (Medical, Dental, Vision, Short- and Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase program, and a generous paid time off allowance); plus a fixed company contribution AND a company match on your 401k, after one year of service
What you need to have:
- Develop compensation strategies, philosophies, and programs that address clients' attraction and retention needs
- Provide consulting services to senior management on a variety of remuneration issues, including competitiveness of pay,performance measurement, and governance and regulatory implications
- Design short-term and long-term incentive programs that reinforce the clients' strategic objectives
- Provide consulting services on broader Human Capital issues and/or market trends
- Recognize and identify business development/sales opportunities
What makes you stand out:
- Bachelor's degree
- At least10 years' relevant work experience in human resources/management consulting (with specific experience in broad-based compensation) with a professional services firm
- Experience consulting with leading public and private companies in a variety of industries on compensation strategy development, competitive pay evaluation, pay/performance links, incentive program design (annual and long-term), equity strategy, change in control planning, mergers and acquisitions, board compensation and other issues
- Proven sales ability
- Excellent analytical, writing and presentation skills
- Strong finance and accounting skills
- Proven project management skills and creative problem-solving abilities
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to function well in a team environment
- MBA degree
- Strong business and financial acumen
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer's more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit https://www.mercer.com/. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
This job has expired.