Responsible for assisting in all aspects of the fund management of Infrastructure Credit Funds, with involvement across the broader credit fund management group.
This position involves the broad range of responsibilities summarized below:
- Review of fund accounting records, financial statements, partners' capital account statements, tax returns, K-1 forms and capital calls/distribution allocation files and letters. Such records/data will be prepared by the Third Party Administrator ("TPA")
- Manage capital process, including evaluation of carried interest models.
- Data analysis that is needed for Carlyle's corporate accounting team (including Economic Net Income models, budget, AUM, etc.)
- Working with deal team, legal/tax counsel, and credit operations team to plan and execute deal closings. Assisting team in coordination with legal and tax to set up deal structures
- Participation in the review of quarterly investment valuation and presentation to sub-committee
- During fundraising, the individual will also help create various analysis of data needed for the updating marketing materials, assisting with the preparation of due diligence questionnaire responses, as well as assist with evaluation of side-letter arrangement and fund closing processes
- Complete responses to investor correspondence, inquiries, and requests
- Other ad-hoc projects where needed
This position requires strong accounting and finance experience, working knowledge of the alternative investment industry, sound organizational and analytical skills as well as ability to build rapport with Carlyle investors, service providers and various constituents throughout the firm. This position also requires the ability to effectively manage and develop junior team members in the credit fund management group.Responsibilities
Finance and Operations (30% of time)
- Assist in the structuring, execution and monitoring of investment transactions
- Coordination and review valuations prepared by deal team
- Review performance metrics compiled by TPA
- Preparation of corporate Economic Net Income models for respective fund(s) and gather all necessary data needed for models from deal team, TPA, etc.
- Preparation of various reports provided to investors periodically (i.e. Quarterly Update Letter)
Accounting and Reporting (25% of time)
- Detailed review of Quarterly fund closes based on data received from the Third Party Administrator ("TPA"), which includes review of related support for all balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Detailed review of accrued carry calculations from the TPA
- Detailed review of capital allocations and capital statements prepared by TPA
- Detailed review of financial statements
- Coordinate interim and year-end audit requests and questions
Transactions and fund activities management (15% of time)
- Manage the funds capital needs/expenses by communicating capital activity to TPA, monitoring funds' cash needs and credit facility, understanding funds' carry position/determination of carry and reviewing fee & expense calculations prepared by TPA
- Management Company Reporting/Budgeting (5% of time)
- Responsible for review of monthly management company accounting and reporting and quarterly expense and budget analysis as it relates to respective fund
Tax (10% of time)
- Annual review of tax workbooks detailing book to tax difference to tax returns, tax returns and partner K-1s
Investor Requests (15% of time)
- Interact with investors on a periodic basis and produce and analyze a variety of ad hoc analysis
- Bachelor's degree with an Accounting or Finance Major, or equivalent work experience in addition to Bachelor's Degree in another field, required
- CPA preferred
- 3-4 years' of relevant experience required
- Strong knowledge of closed-end structured funds
- Strong educational background in accounting/finance
- Knowledge of private equity and/or credit industry
- Knowledge of accounting & reporting for credit products is a plus
- Highly motivated individual
- Strong interpersonal skills a must
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented. Attention to detail a must.
- Excellent communication skills - both written and oral
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team and successfully manage multiple responsibilities under strict deadlines
- Proficient Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Strong ability to manage and develop junior team members
The compensation range for this role is specific to New York City and takes into account a wide range of factors including but not limited to the skill sets required/preferred; prior experience and training; licenses and/or certifications.
The anticipated base salary range for this role is $90,000 to $115,000.
In addition to the base salary, the hired professional will enjoy a comprehensive benefits package spanning retirement benefits, health insurance, life insurance and disability, paid time off, paid holidays, family planning benefits and various wellness programs. Additionally, the hired professional may also be eligible to participate in an annual discretionary incentive program, the award of which will be dependent on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.Company Information
The Carlyle Group (NASDAQ: CG) is a global investment firm with $381 billion of assets under management and more than half of the AUM managed by women, across 562 investment vehicles as of March 31, 2023. Founded in 1987 in Washington, DC, Carlyle has grown into one of the world's largest and most successful investment firms, with more than 2,100 professionals operating in 29 offices in North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Australia. Carlyle places an emphasis on development, retention and inclusion as supported by our internal processes and seven Employee Resource Groups (ERGs). Carlyle's purpose is to invest wisely and create value on behalf of its investors, which range from public and private pension funds to wealthy individuals and families to sovereign wealth funds, unions and corporations. Carlyle invests across three segments - Global Private Equity, Global Credit and Investment Solutions - and has expertise in various industries, including: aerospace, defense & government services, consumer & retail, energy, financial services, healthcare, industrial, real estate, technology & business services, telecommunications & media and transportation
At Carlyle, we know that diverse teams perform better, so we seek to create a community where we continually exchange insights, embrace different perspectives and leverage diversity as a competitive advantage. That is why we are committed to growing and cultivating teams that include people with a variety of perspectives, people who provide unique lenses through which to view potential deals, support and run our business.
This job has expired.