Collaboration drives Nordson's success as a market leader in Industrial Precision Solutions and Advanced Technology. Our employees thrive in an environment where we help each other reach our personal best and enable our company to continuously improve and grow, and our customers to succeed. You will find Nordson employees sharing our success by giving back in the communities around the world where we live and work.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares journal entries, maintains and reconciles ledger accounts.
- Provides records of assets, liabilities and other financial transactions.
- Balances books and prepares profit and loss, income and balance sheet statements and other month end business report.
- Prepares financial packages and fulfills corporate reporting requirements, utilizing the SAP BPC system.
- Works with all areas of the business on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results.
- Assigning work and resolving problems may provide work leadership.
- May collect data, allocate costs and prepare reports on labor equipment, depreciation, assembly or other operating expenses, ensuring established procedures are followed. Prepares financial statements and variance reports as required.
- May interpret reports and records for managers.
- Master understanding of the business system (IFS) so the company can utilize to its full capabilities across all disciplines.
- Review business processes and identify possible improvements with the goal of implementation.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field required
- Minimum 5-7 years related experience
- CPA and public accounting firm experience a plus
- SEC reporting experience a plus
Working Environment and Physical Demands
- Detail-oriented, self-starter with strong communication, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work collaboratively as well as independently in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong technical accounting skills.
- High level of integrity and reliability.
- Strong initiative to meet deadlines consistently in an accounting function responsible for providing timely and accurate reporting to corporate, shareholders, and executive management.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks well, especially during monthly close cycle, and change priorities as needed.
- Great relationship skills. Ability to interact with all levels of staff and financial management.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from others in the organization.
- Ability to meet deadlines consistently in a changing business environment.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule forms.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Word and Excel required, knowledge of IFS and SAP-BPC a plus.
- Outstanding customer focus including attributes of empathy, compassion and service orientation.
- Passionate and high energy which can assist in selling future vision to team and customers.
- Adaptability/flexibility which includes being open to change and conducting business differently.
- Focused on continuous improvement, learning and developing new skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Travel Required
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
This job has expired.