A Kforce client is seeking to hire a Senior Accountant in Herndon, Virginia (VA).Responsibilities include:
- Compile and analyze data to prepare journal entries for various accounts and transactions
- Maintain and reconcile various subledgers
- Senior Accountant will prepare monthly reconciliations for balance sheet accounts, including independently identifying and resolving reconciling items in support of ending account balances
- Prepare various month-end schedules and variance analyses
- Apply the financial policies and procedures of the company and communicate to management any inconsistencies or issues identified during the daily or month-end close processes
- Independently communicate with other company personnel and contacts outside of the company to gather needed information and/or resolve issues
- Senior Accountant will generate and send daily reports to various departments as needed
- Work on various SOX tasks and projects
- Assists with requests related to internal and external audits and work with auditors to resolve audit questions
- Reviews existing processes identifies opportunities for improvement and helps to implement approved changes
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting from a regionally accredited institution
- CPA preferred but not required
- 4-6+ years of industry and/or public accounting experience, including experience with a publicly traded company
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
This job has expired.