This job has expired.
South Western Communications
South Western Communications, SWC, is one trusted source for communication, physical security and life safety solutions to meet the needs of Healthcare, Education, Detention and Commercial customers. We utilize a consultative approach to conduct an in-depth needs analysis, enabling our customers to fulfill their mission critical processes. We continuously research and select only the best-in class product collection. We utilize these products to create an integrated solution with your goals and needs in mind, ensuring satisfaction and flawless integration. At SWC, we strive to exceed your expectations and invest the time and resources into every job because we care about our customers.
Title: Security Service Technician
Reports To: Service Team Leader
Position: Non-exempt, Hourly with Full Benefit Package including 401k
**$2,500 Sign on bonus to be paid on your first pay.
Position Summary: The Security Service Technician is responsible for servicing a wide variety of systems, both residential and commercial. The Security Service Technician should be knowledgeable and experienced in access control systems, electrified door hardware, CCTV(Analog and IP), and burglar panels. Provides excellent customer service to all clients, while working effectively in a high-paced environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities* :
• Performs all duties with honesty, integrity, and the pursuit of excellence.
• Provides timely and efficient support to clients and their representatives in both Residential and Commercial applications.
• Provides on-site and remote support and troubleshooting on a variety of access control, CCTV, and burglar systems.
• Performs on-site repairs when possible.
• Advises customers on upgrade needs and options.
• Provides training for clients and end users.
• Assists installation division with programming and installation when necessary.
• Performs upgrades and alarm takeovers as needed.
• Communicates effectively with Service Manager and support staff by submitting all necessary documentation on service tickets.
• Maintains an accurate inventory of service parts on company provided vehicle.
• Maintains working knowledge of systems the company installs; adapts to and learns new systems as technology advances. Agrees to be a lifetime learner.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
• Takes part in on-call rotation for emergency after-hours service.
• From time to time may be called upon to assist in other divisions including but not limited to: Commercial Access Control, Residential/Commercial Service, Residential Security, and Fire & Life Safety.
• Attends scheduled company meetings.
• Attends training classes held either onsite or offsite as required.
• Occasionally travels to job sites over 2 hours away that require overnight stays.
• Experience with several of the following brands:
*By registering with our site, you agree to our