Veolia Group aims to be the benchmark company for ecological transformation. With nearly 220,000 employees worldwide, the Group designs and provides game-changing solutions that are both useful and practical for water, waste and energy management. Through its three complementary business activities, Veolia helps to develop access to resources, preserve available resources and replenish them. In 2021, the Veolia group provided 79 million inhabitants with drinking water and 61 million with sanitation, produced nearly 48 million megawatt hours and recovered 48 million tonnes of waste. Veolia Environnement (Paris Euronext: VIE) achieved consolidated revenue of 28,508 billion euros in 2021. www.veolia.com
Cybersecurity Analyst Intern will work within a team, to respond to cybersecurity incidents, in a timely manner as part of the Veolia North America security team.
PRIMARY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Experience with rolling out successful security awareness campaigns and training.
- Learn how to oversee and perform User Recertifications / Entitlement reviews of existing applications at Veolia.
- Learning how to generate and maintain monthly security metrics and reports.
- Strong understanding of data analysis, computer applications, IS security standards and network architecture.
- Strong analytical proficiency and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of SIEM Tools such as LogRhythm and/or Splunk).
- Ability to learn and administrate:
- Privileged Access Management tools (i.e. Beyond Trust).
- CrowdStrike EDR
- Security Awareness tools i.e. KnowBe4 or Ninjio
- Fundamental understanding of computer forensics.
- Learn how to respond to security incidents based on the NIST framework, working on open tickets and documenting with lessons learned.
- Experience with E-mail email forensics.
- Ability to respond to information security incidents/tickets.
- Running Vulnerability scans and helping resolve findings of tests.
- Knowledge of Security Auditing procedures.
- Working understanding of TCP/IP.
- An understanding of DLP & BYOD policies and standards with the ability to contribute to the organization's implementation and maintenance of these policies.
Education / Experience / Background
- Bachelors (Minimum) or Master's degree (Preferred) in an IT technology discipline (preferably IS Security study).
- Internship and/or related cybersecurity training curriculum, relevant IT experience with a primary focus on IS Security.
- Flexible if from npower training curriculum
- 4 Year Degree preferred
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Project management skills preferred.
- Analyze Threat Management Intelligence Feed.
- Scripting languages (i.e. Perl, Python, etc.)
- Able to interact with stakeholders at different organizational levels.
- A self-motivated individual, who can work independently and proactively, knowing when to reach out for additional guidance.
- Ability to address production issues effectively during periods of increased stress.
- Understanding of IS Risk Management and Vendor Risk Management.
- Any SCADA knowledge is beneficial.
Required Certification / Licenses / Training
- CEH, Security + and GIAC, certification preferred or work towards obtaining these certifications.
A subsidiary of Veolia group, Veolia North America (VNA) offers a full spectrum of water, waste and energy management services, including water and wastewater treatment, commercial and hazardous waste collection and disposal, energy consulting and resource recovery. VNA helps commercial, industrial, healthcare, higher education and municipality customers throughout North America. Headquartered in Boston, Mass., Veolia North America has more than 10,000 employees working at more than 350 locations across the continent.