Under direct supervision of the Information Security Manager, primary responsibilities will include Security Analyst functions. Duties will involve monitoring, triaging and resolving security incidents across all of our technology tools. Management of technologies in the environment to ensure compliance of security tools and protections levels. Additional responsibilities include assisting the IT Operations Department in the creation, processing, and management of various technical support functions within the organization.
Must be able to investigate, analyze, and communicate security incidents, including performing preliminary investigation of a request, and applying solutions.
• Monitor environment tools for threat events.
• Triaging and responding to found risks incidents.
• Manage and conduct examinations of computers, system logs, applications and networks security events.
• Provide reporting on security exposures, including attempts and/or misuse of information assets and noncompliance.
• Verify protection levels against end user threats as it relates desktop, laptops and mobile devices.
• Investigate security breaches and other cyber security incidents.
• Install security measures and operate software to protect systems and information infrastructure and data encryption programs.
• Administer security appliances and platforms to ensure they are up to date and security policies tuned.
• Document security breaches and assess the damage they cause.
• Fix detected vulnerabilities to maintain a high-security standard.
• Develop company-wide best practices for IT security.
• Help colleagues install security software and understand information security management.
• Stay up-to-date on information technology trends and security standards.
Education and Training:
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Information Security, Computer Science, or Information Systems.
• Security Certifications Security+, GSEC preferred, or similar industry recognized certification.
• 6-8 years of experience in Information Security in one or more of the following areas: security operations, incident analysis & handling, phishing email response, endpoint security, web filtering, vulnerability management, and intrusion detection. Security device administration is a plus.
• Understanding of email security, firewalls, web filters, SIEM, antivirus/EDR, and IDS/IPS concepts.
• Strong experience as Systems/Network Administrator is required.
• Efficient and accountable, have a keen eye for detail and take pride on delivering quality work, multitask well, re-prioritize accordingly, and meet deadlines consistently.
• Demonstrate ability to work in team environments.
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
• Willingness to acquire in-depth knowledge of network and host-based security technologies and technical specialties based on organizational needs.
• Knowledge of the current IT threat landscape and emerging trends in cyber security.
• Ability to interface with customers in a responsive and efficient manner.
• Ability to identify and mitigate network vulnerabilities and explain how to avoid them.
• Understanding of patch management with the ability to deploy patches in a timely manner while understanding business impact.
• Problem solver, creative thinker who focuses on the problem as stated and gathers information and knowledge to achieve an appropriate solution. Skillfulness in this area helps you determine how to quickly assess security incidents.
• Ability to juggle the needs of changing priorities of the business.
Hendrickson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!