Why Choose Suddath to "Move" your Career to the Next Level?
At Suddath, you can be part of something special and inclusive! Join a team that has a 100+ year reputation for excellence as an innovative, growing and financially stable company that is dedicated to promoting a culture that thrives on inclusion and diversity. From numerous awards to being recognized as one of the best places to work, Suddath offers a caring, family environment while providing relocation and logistics services to people and companies all around the world.
What We Offer!
- A competitive wage with a comprehensive benefits package, including a 401(k) plan with company matching
- Weekly pay for hourly-paid employees. Biweekly pay for salaried employees.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid company holidays
- A tuition reimbursement plan where employees are encouraged to continue their education and development
- For more information on our benefit offerings, please visit https://suddath.com/about/careers/ and scroll down to view our employee benefits.
The seasonal mover/warehouse associate assists the crew leader and other team members in delivering the highest quality customer service, on time and safely.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
At customer location:
- Pad wrap furniture with blankets to prevent damage
- Load truck, distributing weight evenly, forming compact load, and utilizing space efficiently as directed by crew lead
- Unload cargo at destination and set in place
- Assist drivers in ensuring that required material, equipment and tools are securely loaded and accounted for daily
- Maintain awareness of vehicle and surroundings in order to inform driver of potential safety hazards
- Ensure vehicle is clean and organized daily
- Load and unload vehicles by hand or by use of hand-truck or dolly
- Pad, stack and secure items in position in truck and in warehouse to prevent damage
- Keep the work site clean; remove trash and boxes; assist with warehouse maintenance including floor scrubbing, mopping and sweeping
- Break down cartons, crates and other containers for re-use or recycling
- Accurately inventory shipments, including notation of condition as received; accurately enter locator information
- Other duties as assigned
- Able to work full-time hours during our peak season, May-September
Job Skills Required:
- Excellent customer service skills and positive "can do" attitude
- Able to lift items up to 50 lbs. unassisted or 100 lbs assisted throughout the workday
- Perform daily tasks under the direction of a crew leader
- Able to pass a pre-employment criminal background check and drug screen
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to prioritize and re-prioritize as situations and needs change throughout the workday
- Able to multi-task and organize workflow to manage daily responsibilities, meet deadlines and prioritize work
- Excellent attention to detail and follow through
- Able to develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external customers
- Able to lift up to 75 pounds
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Education/Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); previous experience moving household goods preferred.Language Ability:
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Math Ability:
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.Reasoning Ability:
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.Computer Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic computer knowledge, and be able to use computer programs for timekeeping and other job-related functions.Certificates and Licenses:
None requiredWork Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment varies, and may often include machine and vehicle noise, including highway noise.Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The Suddath Companies is a multifaceted group of companies that specialize in worldwide corporate employee relocations, household moving, warehouse and logistics management and specialized transportation services.
The Suddath Companies provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This job has expired.