Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
Eurofins is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. Eurofins is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. The Group also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 55,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 50 countries. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
The Scientist IVis a scientific leadership position, responsible for providing guidance and alignment between our customer base, the industry at large, commercial teams and service operations. This role will be collaborative and influential in a broad network of business functions in support of delivering high quality services to our valued customers, and driving business growth, brand recognition, and alignment with Eurofins core competencies.
QualificationsBasic Minimum Qualifications (BMQ)
- Develops client and stakeholder relationships through technical leadership and collaboration
- Ensures accurate data management and reporting, with the highest integrity, and manages quality control on project data andreports
- Manages client projects in all phases of study life cycle from study design to reporting
- Takes ownership of mid-size laboratory or research projects with minimal supervision
- Conducts production assays in CGT Biotherapeutic Services
- Adheres to department SOPs and documentation requirements
- Provides training to colleagues and external end users, when required
- Contributes to scientific community, and site research and development objectives
- Accountable for delivering to unit and site key performance metrics (quality, delivery on time)
- Routinely communicates to external and internal stakeholders and presents data/results
- Supports client services team in generating proposals, RFPs, study plans and scope of work preparation. Assists pricing team in completing custom pricing and cost analysis
- Supports site goals and demonstrates Eurofins' competencies, as defined in the job plan
- Performs other duties, as assigned
- Demonstrated expertise in molecular biology techniques, equipment and assays and processes employed in discovery processes for Cell and Gene Therapy (CGT) (e.g. PCR, ddPCR, Stunner, Uncle)
- Scientific expertise in techniques and assays to express, isolate and characterize viral vectors used in CGT
- Experience in appropriate biophysical techniques to assess viral vectors for quality and stability
- Experience in mammalian cell culture
- Experience in construct design to generate stably transfected cell lines, and screening to ensure outcome
- Ability to trouble-shoot processes and conditions to deliver high-quality product and data for a variety of CGT processes
- Experience in maintaining and trouble-shooting equipment used in the processes to provide CRO services from concept to IND-enabling data packages for CGT (e.g. ddPCR)
- Maintaining a clean work environment to enable molecular biology processes without contamination
- Experience in drafting and executing equipment and method validation in a non-GLP environment
- Experience developing client relationships, supporting technical correspondence, drafting and presenting scientific proposals to clients.
- Demonstrated expertise in project management, preparing reports and presenting data to stakeholders
Ability / Skills (BMQ):
- B.S., B.A. with 10 years relevant experience
- M.A. or M.S. with 8 years relevant experience
- Ph.D. with 6 years relevant experience
- Combination of Education and Relevant Experience
- Demonstrates a positive attitude, capacity for team environment, and exhibits a genuine interest in drug discovery in support of advancing human health.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills, including ability to prepare detailed scientific reports and group presentations.
- Demonstrates a working understanding of international regulatory requirements and aptitude to stay relevant on topical scientific publications.
- Ability to support project management, plan and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, with appropriate allocation of available resources.
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively with lab operations, business development, marketing, and outsourcing stakeholders.
- Experience with leading and influencing cross-functional teams effectively
Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of St. Charles, MO are encouraged to apply.
Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays