Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins laboratories work with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
The Eurofins network of companies is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. It is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. It also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 58,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 54 countries. Eurofins companies offer a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2021, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR 6.72 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Sample Management Scientist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following :
The ideal candidate would possess :
- Support vaccine, biologic or small molecule drug candidates in development within a bioanalytical laboratory setting as a sample manager
- Manage the chain of custody of regulated bioanalytical samples across a variety of potentially infectious matrices (blood, serum, etc.) and critical reagents from receipt through shipment/disposal
- Perform sample or reagent aliquoting; utilize lab automation and/or manual pipetting to facilitate this process
- Work within a Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS), Reagent Database, Electronic Lab Notebook or other appropriate system to ensure appropriate tracking and documentation
- Collaborate with study personnel at GLP or clinical sites for the coordination of sample shipments, resolution of sample discrepancies, and/or sample reconciliation
- Management of freezers and temperature monitoring systems, including the handling of temperature alarms, maintenance, and/or setup of new units.
- Collaborate with sample management staff across bioanalytical testing labs and sites for cross-training, process improvement, and support of bioanalytical labs within the department.
- Operate within the confines of departmental SOPs and regulatory guidance
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Adhere to quality control and safety procedures, work in an organized manner, and comply with client site requirements
- At least one year GMP or manufacturing environment experience
- Experience with sample management & tracking sample chain of custody records within a Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) or related application
- B.S. Degree in the Biology, Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Chemistry or related sciences with at least 3 years of industry experience or an M.S. with 1-2 years of related experience
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. with overtime as needed.Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of West Point, PAare encouraged to apply.
Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
This job has expired.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match