It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they are doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
DuBois Chemicals is looking to hire a Sales Representative to join the Food/Beverage/Dairy team in developing and executing an existing sales territory for growth. Our Sales Representatives are entrepreneurial and focused on lowering our customers' operating costs and consistently exceeding their expectations through a consultative sales approach. Responsible for building strong customer relationships, sustaining existing key business and driving a sales pipeline generating new business opportunities. Ability to collaborate with internal groups in a team environment is critical to success. Build and maintain customer relationships at various levels within our client's organizations from maintenance personnel to upper plant management. Accountable for growing the territory by maintaining an active sales funnel using our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool. Demonstrate the company's core competencies of communication, customer focus, innovation, integrity & ethics, lean & safety, and passion to succeed.
- Effectively sell and manage all product portfolio's at existing customer sites
- Provide technical service and training at the plant level as needed
- Acquire new business within the territory using CRM pipeline tools
- Lead customer Business Reviews and Key Account Plans
- Responsible for problem solving, value added selling process with focus on winning and retaining customers and repeat consumable business
- Define and achieve yearly/quarterly territory objectives/targets with the assistance of the Regional Sales Manager
- Grow sales in food packaging, cargo export, agricultural exports, and industrial markets
- Negotiate pricing, freight, and terms with existing customers and new accounts
- Develop marketing strategy for territory such as new applications, target customers, and trade shows
- Collect information regarding competitive products and research new customers based on market data, lead generation, and new markets
- Travel to current and prospective customers to develop relationships and grow sales
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodations
- Bachelor's degree in Life Sciences, Agricultural (Mechanical, Chemicals, Environmental, Industrial) or industrial relevant experience
- Prior experience in commodity and specialty chemicals sales in Food/Beverage/Dairy
- Prior experience working in customer service and/or sales
- Proven effectiveness in prospecting, closing new projects, and delivering effective presentations
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage long-term customer relationships
- Strong consultation, negotiation, problem-resolution and Interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to understand new product lines and utilize knowledge to fulfil customer needs
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to travel up to 30% including overnight travel
- Must possess a valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Professionally developed sales and territory management skills
DuBois provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, service in the military, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state, and/or local law and/or regulation.