Job ID: 381000
Oldcastle Enclosure Solutions (OES), a CRH company, has united the Carson®, Christy®, and Synertech® brands to form the largest manufacturer of plastic, polymer, and concrete utility enclosure products serving the municipal water, irrigation, electric, communications, and transportation markets. OES has 11 manufacturing and distribution centers strategically located across the U.S. and Canada.
Oldcastle Infrastructure - Built For Life from Oldcastle Infrastructure on Vimeo.
The Sales Engineer position is responsible for developing and driving our opportunity pipeline for Oldcastle Infrastructure solutions for the Transit Rail market in the United States and Canada. He/she will lead our efforts to bring the Voice of the Customer back into our business, anticipating and identifying market trends and customer technical needs while ensuring that Oldcastle products are specified and preferred for use by asset owners, engineering firms and installation contractors for key project opportunities. The Sales Engineer must work closely with the product management, marketing, customer support and manufacturing operations teams to ensure revenue, margin and customer satisfaction goals are met. This position will report to the Director of Sales.
The Sales Engineer will engage in all aspects of the Transit Rail market, attend industry events and meet with new and existing customers, acting as our technical problem solving & solutions expert; provide technical application support and training for external constituents; identify market project opportunities and manage the lead generation and demand creation activities to feed the sales pipeline; support the sales cycle activities from inquiry through orders stages, and provide post order support, both technical & commercial; generate ideas for and support new product development projects.
Knowledge / Skill Requirements
- Proactively identify sales & growth opportunities aligned with budgeted revenue growth objectives
- Develop customer account plans and specific sales opportunity plans to align our sales strategy and execution plans that deliver on the company's growth objectives & strategies
- Develop and deliver training on products offering innovative solutions and solutions to key stakeholders within the Transit rail market
- Develop and deliver technical presentations to customers, consultant engineering firms, industry groups, and other influencers through multiple communication channels
- Work closely with the marketing department to develop effective collateral that promotes our products, solutions, and value proposition
Education and/or Experience
- Team player with effective interpersonal skills and an open, collaborative style.
- Effective cross functional collaborator who can balance external and internal objectives.
- High initiative and results driven; an entrepreneurial self-starter who operates with speed, simplicity, and passion to succeed.
- High interpersonal skills with a proven ability to promote and execute the sales of technical products
- Strong planning and organization skills, execution oriented and process driven, focused on delivering results.
- Excellent communication skills coupled with strong written, presentation, and communications abilities
What CRH Offers You
- Bachelor's degree in a related field; advanced degree preferred.
- 4+ years professional experience in technical sales & marketing, product engineering, project management, and/or field application of products.
- Experience with infrastructure construction in the Transit Rail industry
- Demonstrated experience working in a team environment and managing multiple projects.
- Travel is expected to be ~35%
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Oldcastle Enclosure Solutions (OES), a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Aug 25, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Atlanta Job Segment:
Sales Engineer, Construction, Manufacturing Engineer, Pre-Sales, Project Manager, Sales, Engineering, Technology