You're an independent and objective thinker who doesn't need a lot of supervision to get the job done. You have a keen eye for identifying potential issues, and you like to work as part of a team to create solutions. You're looking for a position where you can work both inside and outdoors. You're not afraid to research solutions when you don't know the answer. Training comes naturally to you, and you enjoy sharing your knowledge and know-how with others.
The Safety & Compliance Specialist is key to implementing US Ecology's Health and Safety programs. You will provide technical support and independent oversight of health and safety compliance activities pertaining to hazardous waste and safety at the work site. For more information about US Ecology services and our Detroit operations, visit www.usecology.com/services,and www.usecology.com/location/us-ecology-detroit-south
Day in the Life
After grabbing your favorite morning snack, you can expect to:
What you need to apply
- Review the day's schedule
- Order any necessary PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) for our teams
- Check in on operations to ensure safe practices are being followed
- Proactively identify hazards and formulate solutions with the team
- Provide sound recommendations to keep our site safe
- Conduct incident investigations
- Assist with corrective measures
- Collaborate with the risk management team
- Contribute t training items for the site (you'll be our resident expert!). This means you will plan, organize and/or lead training sessions, track training, EH&S key performance indicators, and participate in weekly safety meetings
For your hard work
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience. (BS in related field preferred, i.e. Environmental Safety, Industrial Hygiene)
- Proficient computer skills (experience with Microsoft Office Suite)
- 2-3 years of related experience required
- Willing to wear a respirator and/or PPE as needed
- Employer Paid option for Medical, Vision and Dental
- 401(k) with discretionary employer match
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Opportunity for Professional Growth
- Bonus Incentive Plan
- Recognition for your excellent contributions!
US Ecology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
This job has expired.