Roofer - 500550
Roofer performs roofing duties necessary to maintain in good repair the roofing systems of all University buildings including installation, repair and maintenance of roof membranes and roof drainage systems (drains, gutters, downspouts).
- Maintain and clean all gutters on all University buildings.
- Perform routine roof maintenance to include inspections, cleaning and patching of all roof systems in addition to gutter/ downspout repair/ replacement and repairs to slate roofs as necessary.
- Record maintenance tasks in automated system as required.
- Communicates information to supervisor and others as required to indicate status and progress of work.
- Perform repairs as required of epdm, tpo and built up roof.
- Coordinate roof warranty inspection in conjunction with Maintenance Supervisor.
- Provide general oversight and communication with onsite roofing contractor to include attending pre-bid meetings with Supervisor.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Required knowledge of proper roofing and slate repair techniques.
- Required knowledge of making repairs in copper flashings, gutters and downspouts.
- Preferred skill in using a metal brake to properly bend and form flashings.
- Preferred skill to make necessary repairs and replace as needed all types of built-up roofs and totally adhered systems.
- Required knowledge of the safe use and operation of hand and power tools while following safety guidelines.
- REQUIRED: Must have a valid Driver's License and be able to produce a driving record with a minimum of 3 years of driving history in good standing.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of five years' experience working as a roofer and be able to demonstrate experience working with all commercial roof systems, including slate.
- Full-time, non-exempt position
- Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.; 8 hours a day; 40 hours per week; flexibility required.
- All Facilities employees are designated as essential personnel, and are also subject to work outside the normal work schedule on an emergency basis, and are also subject to planned overtime work as required by the supervisor.
Pay Grade 5 (Hiring Range $18.24 to $24.17 per hour) COVID-19:
The University of Richmond requires COVID-19 vaccinations for all students, faculty, and staff. The University allows exemptions to this requirement for religious, medical and strong personal conviction reasons. All newly hired employees must report their status within the first two weeks of employment. ABOUT UR
At the University of Richmond, we're creative, inclusive, and determined. We're Spiders, and our mission is to create positive change in the UR community and beyond. Located minutes from downtown Richmond, Virginia, the University of Richmond ( www.richmond.edu ) blends the intimacy of a small college with exceptional academic, research, and cultural opportunities usually found only at large institutions. There's only one place like Richmond.
UR is committed to developing a diverse faculty, staff and student body, and to modeling an inclusive campus community which values the expression of differences in ways that promote excellence in teaching, learning, personal development and institutional success. In keeping with this commitment, our academic community welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds and candidates who support diversity. EOE
This job has expired.