GREAT PEOPLE | GREAT BENEFITS | JOIN OUR ALL-STAR TEAM!
Would you like to spend your summer working at a mysticaland peaceful lodge? The North Cascades Lodge at Stehekin's picturesque lake andbreathtaking mountain views truly have a magical effect.
We are now hiring Retail Clerks for Summer 2022! This positionpays $14.69/hour.
Positions typically last from May thru October.
Accessible only by boat, plane, or hiking trails, the NorthCascades Lodge at Stehekin is a laid-back remote little place on the shores ofLake Chelan within the North Cascades National Park. Stehekin has about 75permanent residents, though its population swells during the summer. Thepassenger ferry runs daily from Chelan and Fields Point during the summermonths and less often through the winter. Stehekin is very close to the PacificCrest Trail. Trout and sockeye salmon are popular targets for fishing in LakeChelan and if you are into hiking, extreme or mild, you will love it here.Bicycles are available for hire and are easily transported up on the ferry aswell.
Our Team Members enjoy amazing benefits such as:
- Low cost housing $40.00/per week and $80.00/per pay period
- 50% discount on all meals
- $500 bonus for staying through the season
You will feel right at home in our tight knit family of employees and it is sure to be a summer you will never forget.
Apply now to join our All Star Team! JOB SUMMARY
The Retail Sales Associate is responsible for assisting customers in making purchases. The Retail Sales Associate is responsible for merchandising and display, receiving money from and disbursing money to customers, and maintaining a high level of customer service at all times.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Smile and greet customers entering unit; answer customers' questions, and provide information on company products, promotions, and policies. Thank each customer.
- Describe merchandise and explain use, operation, and care of merchandise to customers.
- Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires.
- Compute sales prices, total purchases and receive and process cash or credit payment.
- Issue receipts, refunds, credit, or change due to customers accurately.
- Maintain cash register and contents within.
- Maintain clean and orderly cash station area; stock and maintain sales area with various supplies and products.
- Maintain neatness and cleanliness of the retail operation.
- Turn in cash drawer and sales reconciliation at shifts' end.
- Assisting with special events.
- Maintain awareness of safety issues, and report them immediately to your manager.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Partial High School education; High School Diploma/G.E.D. preferred.
- Mathematic Skills.
- Interest and knowledge in Washington, DC's landmarks, monuments and memorials preferred.
- Excellent sanitation habits.
- Professional appearance.
- Ability to communicate and attend to guests with the highest standard of service.
- Ability to pass cash handling training.
- Problem sensitivity and the ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 10 lbs. regularly, 10-15 lbs. frequently, and up to 25 lbs. occasionally.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in indoor/outdoor environments.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in a sometimes fast paced environment.
- Physical attendance in unit to perform duties.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day.
- Knowledge of cash register/computer used in unit.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.