GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
A full time Research Technician position is open in the Batista Lab at the Ragon Institute of MGH, MIT and Harvard in Boston. The selected candidate will join a dynamic research team at the forefront of B cell immunology and perform experiments centering around basic B cell biology and Germinal Centre dynamics. The studies will involve functional and phenotypic characterization of B cells in different KO mouse models. The position offers exceptional opportunity for scientific growth by acquiring experience in numerous techniques including flow cytometry, single cell sequencing, immune-based assays, microscopy and mouse handling and experimental procedures.
The Research Technician will be part of a dynamic team working closely with postdoctoral researchers to ensure high-quality and timely delivery of results.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Experience with molecular biology techniques such as DNA/RNA isolation, standard and real time PCR desirable
- Experience with next generation sequencing and/or flow cytometry/FACS analysis highly desirable
- Ability to analyze complex data
- Capable of presenting data at internal lab meetings and conferences
- Maintain detailed lab notebook documenting all experimental work
- Proficiency and/or demonstrated ability to learn computer software platforms such as FlowJo, Geneious, Snapgene, and Graphpad Prism.
- Exceptional organizational skills and excellent attention to details
- Should have good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Must communicate regularly and effectively with team members and supervisor
- Ability to perform multiple tasks independently
- Demonstrate honesty, integrity and reliability
- Must have a positive attitude and willingness to learn and grow
- Bachelor's degree required.
- New graduates with some lab experience (via course work, internships, etc.) or those without any prior research experience will be considered for the Research Technician I position outlined above.
- Those with a minimum of 1 year of directly related work experience will be considered for a Research Technician II position.
- A Research Technician II may serve as a team leader to lab assistants and Research Technician I's.
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.