Research Associate II, Core Technologies
Do you want to be part of an inclusive team that works to develop innovative therapies for patients? Every day, we are driven to develop and deliver innovative and effective new medicines to patients and physicians. If you want to be part of this exciting work, you belong at Astellas!
Astellas Pharma Inc. is a pharmaceutical company conducting business in more than 70 countries around the world. We are committed to turning innovative science into medical solutions that bring value and hope to patients and their families. Keeping our focus on addressing unmet medical needs and conducting our business with ethics and integrity enables us to improve the health of people throughout the world. For more information on Astellas, please visit our website at www.astellas.com.
Universal Cells, an affiliate of Astellas located in Seattle, WA, is focused on the development and commercialization of stem cell and regenerative medicine therapies. We conduct clinical-grade gene editing of stem cells to produce cells that avoid rejection and can be used in allogeneic cell therapy treatments to treat all patients that need them.
OUR GOAL - ONE CELL FOR EVERYONE
NO IMMUNE SUPPRESSION. NO DONOR MATCHING. NO REJECTION.
We are a dynamic team of research and scientific professionals who are passionate about turning science and innovation into medical solutions. Through our diversity, scientific knowledge, professional rigor and focus on innovation, we are merging our technology with the Astellas drug development expertise to unlock cures to many therapies. Join our team of committed, enthusiastic professionals devoted to making the most effective, life-saving cell therapy products in the world.
Universal Cells (UCI) is announcing a Research Associate II, Core Technologies opportunity at their facility in Seattle, WA.
We are seeking a highly capable, self-motivated Research Associate II for our Core Technologies Department. This individual will contribute to the molecular engineering for our gene edited Universal Donor Cells with activities focused on performing custom TaqMan based PCR assays. They will work as a key member on a fast-paced team to run molecular assays to characterize our proprietary Universal Donor Cells.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
* Routinely performs standard molecular biology techniques including PCR, primer design, molecular cloning, and Sanger sequencing as needed.
* Contributes to reagent and sample organization and inventory management systems
* Maintains accurate records according to Good Documentation Practices and compiles experimental data in a timely manner. Documents qualified activities according to Universal Cells Quality Assurance guidelines.
* Completes experiments and gathers data in a systematic manner, utilizing strong multitasking and time management skills.
* Summarizes and presents data in both oral and written formats.
* Demonstrates willingness to learn new protocols, relevant equipment, and related software.
* Performs other duties as assigned or special projects as needed.
* Will work closely with a team of Research Associates & Scientists
* Will work with minimal guidance for routine tasks, but closely with more senior team members on special projects as needed.
* BS Degree with 3+ years of relevant hands-on laboratory experience.
* 1 year experience utilizing molecular biology techniques such as PCR and troubleshooting qPCR-based assays; Experience with TaqMan based PCR assays highly preferred, but not required.
* Organizational, time management skills, and the ability to maintain accurate and up-to-date records.
* Ability to work effectively both independently and with other team members.
* Excellent communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
* Strong work ethic with a passion to learn and work in a fast-paced, dynamic and diverse work environment.
* Ability to troubleshoot and think critically, with careful attention to detail.
* Experience performing molecular assays within a Quality Assurance framework
* Experience performing high throughput, quick turnaround qPCR
* Experience with liquid handling robots
* Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
* Generous Paid Time Off options, including Vacation and Sick time, plus national holidays including year-end shut down
* 401(k) match and annual company contribution
* Company paid life insurance
* Annual Corporate Bonus and Quarterly Sales Incentive for eligible positions
* Long Term Incentive Plan for eligible positions
* Referral bonus program
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!
Posted about 19 hours ago
Posted 41 minutes ago
Princeton, New Jersey
Posted 41 minutes ago