This job has expired.
Research Associate II, Analytical Development
Do you want to be part of an inclusive team that works to develop innovative therapies for patients? Every day, we are driven to develop and deliver innovative and effective new medicines to patients and physicians. If you want to be part of this exciting work, you belong at Astellas!
Astellas Pharma Inc. is a pharmaceutical company conducting business in more than 70 countries around the world. We are committed to turning innovative science into medical solutions that bring value and hope to patients and their families. Keeping our focus on addressing unmet medical needs and conducting our business with ethics and integrity enables us to improve the health of people throughout the world. For more information on Astellas, please visit our website at www.astellas.com.
Astellas Institute of Regenerative Medicine (AIRM) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Astellas Pharma Inc and focused on the development and commercialization of stem cell and regenerative medicine therapies. Astellas is an R&D-driven global pharmaceutical company whose philosophy is to contribute to the improvement of people's heath around the world through the provision of innovative and reliable pharmaceutical products.
AIRM has a world-class R&D team, and is pursuing a diverse range of disease indications, ranging from macular degeneration (currently in clinical trials) and other ocular indications to vascular and autoimmune disease. AIRM's intellectual property portfolio includes pluripotent stem cell platforms -- both embryonic and induced pluripotent stem cells as well as other cell-based therapy research programs. AIRM is headquartered in Massachusetts.
Astellas is announcing a Research Associate II, Analytical Development opportunity at their Astellas Institute of Regenerative Medicine (AIRM) site in Westborough, MA.
The Research Associate will support assay development and qualification activities by performing cell culture and wet lab experiments, analyzing data, and drafting protocols, SOPs, and reports. This individual will be expected to execute protocols with some guidance and have the ability to summarize results independently. They will collaborate closely within the team and across functional groups to advance pipeline programs.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
* Utilizes established techniques in cell culture, cell and molecular biology, biochemistry, and immunology to generate and analyze data in an accurate and reproducible manner.
* Conducts experiments after discussion of the design and strategy with the supervisor.
* Contributes to assay development, optimization, and validation.
* Performs literature searches and analysis as needed for assay development.
* Subcultures, differentiates, freezes, and characterizes multiple cell lines using SOPs.
* Writes technical reports detailing procedures, outcomes, and observations.
* Follows SOPs and batch records.
* Maintains accurate record keeping in laboratory notebooks and appropriate databases in a timely manner.
* Maintains inventory of reagents and disposables and orders supplies as needed.
* May perform assays under GDP to support process development.
* The position has direct impact on the efficiency of the Analytical and Process Science & Technology teams/CMC Technical Operations Department
* Reports to Analytical Development Associate Director, Department of CMC Technical Operations
* BS degree with 3+ years or MS with 0-2 years of laboratory experience
* Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
* Self-reliant, self-motivated, detail-oriented, highly organized
* Willingness and ability to learn new skills
* Two or more years' experience with aseptic tissue culture technique
* Hands-on knowledge of molecular and cell biology analytical methods
* Capable of meticulous GDP record keeping
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to analyze own data and write concise reports
* Must be able to work flexible hours, including weekends
* Previous experience with pluripotent cells
* Working knowledge of flow cytometry, qPCR, and ELISA
* Experience working under GLP/GMP
* Knowledge of automated methods for cell analysis
* Experience with assay qualification/validation and/or cell therapy products
* Knowledge of GMP, ICH, USP, JP, EU and global compendial regulations and guidance.
* Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
* Generous Paid Time Off options, including Vacation and Sick time, plus national holidays including year-end shut down
* 401(k) match and annual company contribution
* Company paid life insurance
* Annual Corporate Bonus and Quarterly Sales Incentive for eligible positions
* Long Term Incentive Plan for eligible positions
* Referral bonus program
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!
Posted about 8 hours ago
Posted about 8 hours ago
Bedminster, New Jersey
Posted about 6 hours ago