Performs all the duties of a PSR I, PSRII and Floater
- Performs all the duties of a PSR I, PSRII and Floater
- Handles more complex draws and related issues
- Oversee a wide variety of activities in assigned PSC(s)/IOP(s). This may include activities such as basic troubleshooting, metric/data gathering and submission, and maintaining a clean, safe work environment.
- Maintain a high level of Quality and Productivity. Assist in assuring all wait time goals and patient satisfaction goals are met.
- Support rollout of company initiatives/new SOPs/procedures/computer updates as needed.
- Direct point of contact for the phlebotomy staff working at the PSCs/IOPs. Establish yourself as the individual that others seek for counsel/knowledge.
- Serve as on-site training support/mentor. Review trackers with employees and offer suggestions to them for avoiding them in the future.
- Serve as a buddy for new employees.
- Oversee the ordering and monitoring of supplies. Initial point of contact for resolving customer service issues at PSC/IOP. Triage issues for resolution or escalation, as appropriate.
- Assist supervisors in monitoring overtime and staff work schedules at the PSC/IOP and offer suggestions/ideas for improvement if needed.
- Assist supervisors in identifying problems, determining their causes and implementing solutions.
- Assist in ensuring work environment is cooperative and professional. Role model for demonstrating professional behavior and treating all patients with care and compassion at all times. Assist in mentoring other PSC staff to exhibit Ambassador qualities.
- Project a personal commitment to Quest Diagnostics company goals.
- Participate on committees.
- Provide coverage at other sites (PSCs/IOPs) on an occasional basis.
- Assist supervisors in assuring that all personnel are consistently demonstrating the Patient Care Gold Standards.
QUALIFICATIONS Required Work Experience:
Preferred Work Experience:
- Phlebotomy -3 years inclusive of pediatric and geriatric venipuncture, capillary collections.
- Minimum 2 years as Phlebotomy Service Representative in Patient Service Center environment.
- Keyboard/data entry application.
- Customer service in a service environment.
Medical training helpful - medical assistant, paramedic. Medical terminology helpful Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver license and driving record that meets Quest Diagnostics driver safety guidelines, if applicable.
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
Demonstrated familiarity and compliance with all protocols, practices and procedures of Branch Operations Department. Skills:
- Demonstrates good organization, communication, and interpersonal skills; is able to manage concerns of patients and employees in a professional manner.
- Capable of handling multiple priorities in a high volume setting.
- Excellent keyboard/data entry skills preferred.
- Must be able to make decisions based on established procedures and exercise good judgment. Seek supervisor guidance when appropriate.
High School Diploma or Equivalent(Required)
This job has expired.