Information Technology Services (ITS) at West Virginia University is seeking applications for a Senior Research Business Analyst.
About the Opportunity:
This position will serve as a liaison between the WVU Research Office and Information Technology Services by providing business process solutions to support research administration and compliance at WVU. You will be the lead Research IT business analyst, serving as supervisor for other BAs on the team. You will help meet departmental and institutional research needs by translating high-level business requirements into detailed specifications. You will analyze WVU Research Office business processes and provide recommendations for improvement or alternate solutions.
We strongly believe in work-life balance and keeping time for things we love outside our work. WVU offers generous benefits, including:
What you’ll do:
- 13 paid holidays (staff holiday calendar)
- 24 annual leave (vacation) days per year
- 18 sick days per year
- (For when you’re ill, for when you need time to care for sick family, for your own, or your family’s, regularly scheduled medical appointments. Who is family for the purpose of this leave? A lot of people in your life including immediate relatives and in-laws as well as others considered to be members of your household living under the same roof)
- WVU offers a range of health insurance and other benefits (this position is a benefits-eligible non-classified staff position)
- 401(a) retirement savings with 6% employee contribution match, eligibility to continue health insurance, and other retiree perks. Looking for more retirement benefits information? Check out retirement health insurance benefits, retirement income, and FAQ’s.
- Wellness programs.
- Serve as the lead business analyst on the Research IT team, supervising and managing junior and mid-level business analysts.
- Support implementation of a new electronic research administration (ERA) portal, including business process analysis, requirements gathering, ERA tool configuration, and data migration from legacy system.
- Utilize low-code/no-code application development platforms to build automated forms and workflows to meet business needs.
- Work with stakeholders and end users to gather, understand, and define business requirements.
- Establish positive, professional relationships within ITS and business units. Establish proper communication channels through regularly scheduled verbal and written communication. Respond to all concerns appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Participate in key meetings with customers including requirements sessions, system demos, user acceptance testing, and end user training.
- Leverage business analyst best practices (BABOK) to develop and improve BA processes and artifacts.
- Work with other groups within ITS Enterprise Applications to standardize processes, artifacts, and templates across teams to create consistency of end user experience.
- Design and maintain test plans and test scripts for supported processes and systems; conduct testing in support of upgrades to those systems.
This job has expired.
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of five (5) years' experience years of experience involving:
- Experience collaborating with business units to gather requirements
- Experience in writing technical design/solution documents
- Experience leading User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Skilled at building and maintaining positive relationships. Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to analyze complex business problems and propose effective solutions.
- Ability to effectively lead a small team of business analysts (2-3), including training and mentoring.
- Skilled at configuring SaaS solutions to meet business requirements.
- Skilled at developing automated workflows/forms using no-code software.
- Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) processes.
- Excellent writing skills for reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and colleagues.
- Ability to effectively lead and participate in remote meetings