$10,000 sign on bonus
321 Gifford Street
Syracuse, New York
Monday - Friday 8a-4:30p or 8:30a-5p
Wednesday 10:30p-7p once every 4-6 weeks
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- Our primary care centers provide an integrated approach to promote general wellness, health maintenance, medical care and early intervention for patients. We service all ages from newborn to older adult at our locations across the Syracuse area. If you are looking for dynamic learning opportunities with medical treatments, preventative education and continual advancements then we invite you to join our team. Our specialties include a variety of family practice, dental, OB/GYN, behavioral health, pediatric and specialty services. We incorporate a team approach to meet the needs of a diverse patient population.
What you will do:
- Recognized Leader: First Magnet Hospital in Syracuse, highlighting our professional nursing staff.
- Shared Governance: Open door guiding principle gives all our nurses a voice.
- Professional Relationships: Strong rapport with the care team of medical assistants, secretaries, LPN, and physician group.
- Advancement: Strong orientation program.
- Work/Life: Regular schedules to balance your work/life and school calendars.
- Gather intake data, reason for visit and assist with routine physical exams.
- Assist physician in office procedures and provide treatment modalities as ordered by the provider.
- Medical record documentation.
- Medication including vaccinations administration.
- Telephone Triage.
- Phlebotomy and specimen collection.
- Patient and family education.
- Referral and specialty appointment scheduling.
- Ensures quality nursing care is rendered to all patients in accordance with the New York Nurse Practice Act, National Standards of Practice, and Nursing and Clinical Service standards of care and practice.
- Utilizing the Nursing Process, plans, directs and supervises the care of patients in addition to being involved in the provision of direct care of patients and families.
- Career advancement to leadership roles as team leader, preceptor, mentor, coordinator/management.
- We, St Joseph's Health and Trinity Health, serve together in the spirit of the Gospel as a compassionate and transforming healing presence within our communities.
- To be world-renowned for passionate patient care and outstanding clinical outcomes.
Education, Training, Experience, Certification and Licensure:
- In the spirit of good Stewardship, we heal by practicing Justice in fostering right relationships to promote common good, Reverence in honoring the dignity of every person, Excellence in expecting the best of ourselves and others; Integrity in being faithful to who we say we are.
Work Environment and Hazards:
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing and current licensure, or eligibility for licensure, in the State of New York.
- Maintains current BLS/CPR certification.
- Participates in orientation and continuing education and updates and maintains knowledge and skills related to specific areas of expertise.
- Clinical setting. Exposure Class I
- Medium work: must be able to lift 25 pounds frequently; occasionally lifting maximum of 50 pounds. Will require ability to stand, walk, sit, bend, twist, squat and reach.
Work Contact Group:
- All services, medical staff, patients, visitors, and various regulatory and professional agencies.
- Team Leader, Clinical Coordinator, Unit Manager, and Clinical Services/Nursing Administration.
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
This job has expired.