Come join our awesome team as an RN at Elder Homestead. We are offering generous retention incentive of $5,000.00! Earn up to $5,000.00!
Elder Homestead is part of Volunteers of America National Services which serves as the Housing and Healthcare affiliate of the Volunteers of America parent organization.
RN Job Highlights:
• 403(b) Retirement Plan;
• Career scholarships;
• Quality training, continuing career education and leadership programs;
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Paid Time Off (Vacation, Holiday & Sick Days)
About the job:
The RN role is to utilize the nursing process in planning and providing direct care to residents as assigned. As a leader in the organization, the nurse will be the person "in charge" according to the Nurse Practice Act.
Our person centered care approach provides a low nurse to patient ratio, which allows you to make a real difference in the lives of those in your community. You will truly provide exceptional cares and clinical outcomes to your residents.
- Provides leadership and direction in the assigned unit
- Open communication with all staff, customers, guests, residents and families
- Follows all shift routines, policy and procedures regarding monitoring of vital signs, weights, administration of medications and treatments.
- Immediately reports any suspected abuse or neglect per facility policy
- Accurately utilizes electronic systems of documentation as required per facility policy
- Career education and leadership programs
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Current licensure in the state of employment as a Registered Nurse.
- Current CPR Certification.
- Maintenance of required CEU's.
- Good problem solver with abilities to make independent judgments utilizing initiative, discretion and the nursing process as needed.
- Demonstrates leadership ability.
- Effective communicator with staff, families and outside agencies.
- Customer service oriented with knowledge of successful customer service techniques.
- Clinical competence to utilize the nursing process to perform physical and cognitive assessments of residents.
- Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.
- Must be a team player.
- Understanding of current Antibiotic Stewardship, Infection Prevention and Infection Control and OSHA guidelines.
At Elder Homestead, we are a welcoming senior living community that provides assisted living and memory care with 51 apartments. We are located in Minnetonka, MN, a beautiful suburban city known for its lovely Lake Minnetonka, and is home to several highly performing public schools. The value of our employees is indescribable. They make our residents feel protected, cared for, and at home with their unwavering kindness and shining attitudes. We offer a comprehensive benefits package and retirement plan to our employees so they know that we support them and their lives, inside and outside of work!
In our 2022 Great Place to Work survey, employees said their work has a special meaning: this is not "just a job".
Create happiness with us, and join our team!
, we celebrate sharing, encouraging and embracing diversity. Equal employment opportunities are available to all without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that blending individual strengths and unique personal differences nurtures and supports our organizations' shared commitment to our mission and creates an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to do their personal best.
Volunteers of America National Services requires COVID vaccination for all employees, volunteers and contractors. We care for individuals who are most susceptible to advanced COVID illness and death. We are committed to providing the safest environment possible for those we work alongside, and for those we serve. We have a formal process for, and do consider religious and/or medical requests for exceptions.