VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA - Texas
Are you looking for a job that makes a difference? Do you have a passion for helping others? We may be the right organization for you: VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA TEXAS.
For over 100 years VOA Texas, a faith-based and non-profit organization, has operated with a mission of "Helping America's Most Vulnerable Reach Their Full Potential" through various programs throughout Texas. Programs are locally created, managed and delivered to provide a wide array of human services through PAID positions. Come and be a part of the passion, the mission and the tradition!
Position: Regional Housing Manager
Locations: Dallas, Texas
Salary: $75,000 annually
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
The primary objective of the Regional Housing Manager is to provide effective, professional general management and sound leadership to a team of property management personnel. The RHM is accountable for creating a team within his/her assigned portfolio that will distinguish itself within the industry as being fully capable of delivering excellent financial performance, client service and resident satisfaction, while also fulfilling the special human services mission of VOATX.
- Recruits, hires, motivates, and trains the team of property management personnel; includes on-site Community Administrators for each property within Volunteers of America Texas, Inc.
- Trains assigned personnel following the prescribed 'Training Outline' which accompanies each on-site Community Administrator Job Description.
- Clearly articulates expectations to team and holds team members accountable for successful job performance, as measured by adherence to property budgets, compliance with regulatory restrictions, development of new business opportunities, retention of highly qualified personnel, maintenance of physical assets to owner / regulator standards and creation / maintenance of exceptional social service programs in support of the Volunteers of America Texas, Inc. mission and Business Plan.
- Manages properties successfully by having expert, site-specific knowledge of each assigned property, including but not limited to, the following:
- Economics and demographics for each metropolitan market and specific sub-market
- Rents at subject properties and competing properties (updated monthly)
- Individual property's competitive strengths and weaknesses vs. competitors
- Property budgets (monthly compliance and understanding of variances)
- Property physical asset issues and long term repair / replacement plan
- Contract administration for physical asset repairs
- Deal covenants relating to income restrictions / regulatory issues / owner expectations
- Each property's income statement, balance sheet and reports including cash flow
- Property management computer related hardware and software systems
- Owner's & regulator's physical asset maintenance expectations
- Sponsor's expectations for social service programs
- Regional Housing Manager is responsible for conveying this knowledge through frequent communications and site visits that will be done approximately three times per year; additionally, will convene one area Community Administrator meeting annually; site visit frequency will generally be done on basis of situation needs and the RHM's judgment with prudent management.
- Through utilization of the owner corporation's customer survey process, solicits clients, owners, regulators and residents to determine their needs and level of satisfaction with Regional Housing Manager service and with their level of satisfaction with the service received from the on-site team and Volunteers of America Texas, Inc.; Volunteers of America, Inc. will do this survey for their corporations and the Property Manager at VOATX will complete the subject survey.
- Maintains each property's physical asset in accordance with all housing codes and within the confines of each property's budget. Responsible for cost center management; the expectation is for the properties to operate within budget; manager must prepare revised operational plans, if necessary, to address significant changes to client count, revenue and/or expense.
- Responsible for implementation of a resident and employee safety program, which includes development and execution of emergency plans / training; materials will be provided by and the courses will be taught by Training personnel assigned to Volunteers of America Texas, Inc.
- Assures employee and property compliance with Volunteers of America Texas, Inc. policies & procedures, along with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Regional Housing Manager needs to fully utilize all of the resources available to him/her in order to make their teams and properties successful; these resources include, but are not limited to Monthly Operations Reviews, Accounting staff support, MIS staff support, the Human Resources Department, VOA and VOA Affiliates, senior management of VOA National Services and colleagues.
- Assures the timely and accurate completion of all administrative responsibilities both within VOA Texas and the outside agencies / owners.
- Contributes to the successful growth of housing and VOATX at large by contributing to the success of those objectives which have been set forth in the companies' current year Business Plan, and those goals which may have been set forth as part of the Regional Housing Manager's performance review.
- Assists with broad reaching team building, work sharing and those additional duties that may be assigned by senior management.
- Identifies and mentors employees of exceptional performance for continued growth in responsibility within Volunteers of America Texas, Inc.
Experience must include the following:
- Bachelor's degree plus five years in a directly related field OR seven years directly related, transferable experience OR a combination of education and experience.
- Valid Texas Driver License, clear MVR and ability to be insured.
Volunteers of America Texas offers a rich benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, LTD, STD, Life Insurance, Vacation and Sick time, other optional benefits and a retirement plan. Make a living by making a difference. Apply online today! AA/EEO/M/F/D/V
- Five years of supervision and five years of multi-site operations experience.
- Strong knowledge of property management including related financial statements, computer systems / software, regulatory programs, marketing and leasing programs, physical asset knowledge, HUD, Bond, Tax Credit and Conventional financed occupancy related programs.
- Commitment to the development of social service programs as they relate to senior and multi-family housing communities.
- Ability to travel and commit the time and energy necessary to be successful in what may not be a 40-hour workweek environment. Volunteers of America Texas, Inc. does not insist or require there to be long work weeks, but on occasion it may be necessary to spend additional hours. Volunteers of America Texas, Inc. supports overall quality of life and will work with the Regional Housing Manager to ensure that he/she is receiving adequate support and reasonable work hours.
Get job alerts by email. Sign up now!
Join Our Talent Network! Job SnapshotEmployee Type
Euless, TX Job Type
5 years Date Posted
05/09/2022 Job ID
This job has expired.